DIY 500 EQ not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cRiTza

Hello i built a couple of Atlantic Phonic Shaper BAX eq a while back and then sold them.
I got them returned later because one unit was faulty.
The high frequency knob only has boost, and needs to be wound all the way down to be at unity.

Anyone experienced who could tell me whats wrong

Its the top one that is bad.

Thanks in advance
/Christer

Attachments

• 0ADBDC59-A023-4C6D-B126-9798DBEBB761.jpeg
    0ADBDC59-A023-4C6D-B126-9798DBEBB761.jpeg
    439.3 KB · Views: 57
First clean the solder side of the PCB with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to get all of the flux and solder spatter off.  Then look at the solder joints with a magnifying glass and see if there is a cracked joint on the pot.  In the photo the knobs look crooked, like they may have been smacked in shipping.  This could cause a cracked joint or even worse, a cracked wafer in the pot.

mjrippe said:
First clean the solder side of the PCB with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to get all of the flux and solder spatter off.  Then look at the solder joints with a magnifying glass and see if there is a cracked joint on the pot.  In the photo the knobs look crooked, like they may have been smacked in shipping.  This could cause a cracked joint or even worse, a cracked wafer in the pot.

Thanks for helping out, dont have any Isoalcohol atm, have to get.
I cannot see any cracked pots.

Attachments

• E421113B-40FA-40E8-9A5C-CE9BD700441A.jpeg
    E421113B-40FA-40E8-9A5C-CE9BD700441A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
mjrippe said:
Are those knobs bent/crooked or is it just the camera angle?

The knobs look fine to me, its the weird angle. Could it be that the solder joints connect to each other because of too much solder?

Latest posts

Back