TL Audio Ebony A4 Summing Mixer repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br202

Hi guys!

I recently purshed a second hand TL Audio summing mixer wich has not been used for many years.
It works well exept for two things, meters backlight and input 9 pan pot.

Do anyone know where i can find a stereo 10k linear pot?

Many thanks!

Welcome to the board! You'll find dual gang 10k linear lots most places you'd care to look - Mouser, Farnell, Digikey, RS, Banzai, etc etc etc. If it's a PCB-mount pot, you'll need something that will fit as a replacement. You may get luck and find it has a product code on the pot somewhere; more likely, you'll need to get busy with your calipers and measure shaft length, diameter & type (round, D, splined, etc); shaft height from PCB; pin spacing, and distance from mounting face; overall dimensions; and probably a few other things I've overlooked. Then it's time to get searching for the pot that will fit!

I've been round this loop more than a few times with Speck EQs, MXR and Aphex compressors, and plenty of other bits and bobs. Fully refurbishing a piece of gear is a great feeling - repair, don't replace!  ;D

Thanks for your help TwentyTrees!
I've found suitables pots but none of them had a "center spot".
I don't know if it is the correct way to explain it but the pan pot have a "lock" in the center position.

This is it!
I found the part and ordered it!

Now i have to figure out how to replace meters backlight.

Many thanks TwentyTrees!

Thanks Whoops!

Concerning the backlight, it is provided by a Sunled EUY2785M.
I didn't manage to find one but it seems that i can replace it with a Kingbright KB-2785YW.
I ordered two of them.

Thanks for your help TwentyTrees!
I've found suitables pots but none of them had a "center spot".
I don't know if it is the correct way to explain it but the pan pot have a "lock" in the center position.
Hi there, I just read about your post finding a stereo 10k linear pot. Could you tell me please where do you ordered them ? I'm looking after a stereo 5k linear pot without center spot that could fit on a TLA Ebony A1 I just got from second hand.. I just found this problem on the input pot of first channel, looks like the precedent owner broke it trying to turn more than 300°.. best regards !

Hi there, I just read about your post finding a stereo 10k linear pot. Could you tell me please where do you ordered them ? I'm looking after a stereo 5k linear pot without center spot that could fit on a TLA Ebony A1 I just got from second hand.. I just found this problem on the input pot of first channel, looks like the precedent owner broke it trying to turn more than 300°.. best regards !
Try Audio Related Technology i think they have all the remaining spare parts from TL Audio. Bought some knobs from them for a TL Audio Fat Track mixer.

Back