V676 anyone can convince me on their quality ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre tchmil

I have a couple of Telefunken V676 here amongst some other well known brands which I leave unnamed for now.
Can anyone here convince me of their quality and on what instrument you use them ?

I had a pair of those for a while. They've got a sparkly top which is really stiff. Everyone has their own taste, so its hard to say what is good where, but anywhere I needed something tight and bright-ish (Im hesitant to describe these as bright) they usually fit the bill. I didnt find the pair I had to be particularly present which isnt a negative criticism. These were often good pre's to use with dull sounding dynamics to sort of give them some life. Out of all that german stuff I really only liked the V276 and V476 if that helps on any perspective. I dont miss having sold them but was plenty happy to have them at the time I did.

dave

That's exactly what I was going to say too.
I may add that the V676a is the one to go for - the variants V676b and V676c partially use ICs and can be on the harsh side.

My 2 cents,

Michael

here is some info on a lesser known Telefunken (from one of my friends at another forum I frequent)
I have never heard of this...
"Telefunken V776 they tend to be a real bargain! They're 4 channel, discrete solid state preamps with switchable frequency HPF. One of the last modules that Telefunken produced, they're quite rare and virtually unknown so they tend to go for very little money (I paid about £200 for four (4 channel) units.) "

I have 4 v676a that I really like in combonation with my rca 74b's and sk46s on acoustic guitar and infront of a guitar amp. The 676a is bright and the combination gives some added frequency range.

Wilebee

[quote author="Tekay"]Does anyone have the schematics for the V676 moduls?
I will have som ein for service and recaping soon!
Please.....![/quote]

Here we are:

V676 Schematic (176 KB):
http://www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/telefunken/V676_Schematic.pdf

V676A Service Manual (4,2 MB !!!):
http://www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/telefunken/V676a_ServiceManual.pdf

V676B Brochure (1,2 MB):
http://www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/telefunken/V676b_Data.pdf

V676B Service Manual (1 MB):
http://www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/telefunken/V676b_ServiceManual.pdf

V6761 (Overdrive board for V676B):
http://www.silentarts.de/lab/studiotechnik/telefunken/V6761_Data-Schematic.pdf

:grin: :green: :grin:

The v676a is a fun unit, I think. Fun on horn sections with ribbons. Or most anything you'd put a ribbon on. Except birthday presents. You'd put a ribbon on those but a V676a has no business in that mix. Unless the v676 is wrapped and ribbon'd and has a card that says, "TO: Miko".

[quote author="kubi"]silent art, are you going to establish a speed record?i[/quote]

No - what I have on my harddisk I share ...

by the way, I have some units here waiting for racking them up. I would like to add a HiZ input to the V676As. Any schematics or suggestions ?

dan kennedy shared his DI circuit a while back at the old place, Ive used that DI on his nv box and its fully awesome (I remember at least the schem he posted being the DI from the NV). I would try that if you can dig it up.

dave

Thanks for the schemos!

Also, I`m looking for the same class of comments regarding the (obscure??) telefunken V376
I was thinking the 376 is a TAb module but I just got a pair with telefunken in the front panel...

Schematics, info, line input mod anyone???

Thanks!

Synthi.

Hi synthi-

I also had 376 and while I dont know if the circuit is identical, it sure sounded the same to me as the 676. I also had U373 limiters some of which were labeled tab, some telefunken.

dave

doooope, the v6761 overdrive indicator board!! :grin:
i guess you can also use that one with v476? or... wait, where would you connect that "square wave" labelled terminal...
also, v476 has an integrated led already... oh well.

synthi, the v376 has a different gain structure and generally a different schematic design.

i've seen pic's of different versions of v576, 776 and 876, made by siemens, telefunken, etc., fully discrete or ic-based... obviously custom designs, probably slightly to very different than the standard vx76 units. if you get' em with schematics, not a bad buy, i guess.

KUBI you are BUSTED!!!
And banned from this forum because of Behringer crap posession!
Forever!
:green: :green: :green:

chrissugar

Kubi, it's obvious you don't want to save yourself. :grin:

Volki, I supose you like that gate when it is silent. :green: :green: :green:

I sugest to the Group to keep Volki because he seems reasonable.

chrissugar

[quote author="soundguy"]dan kennedy shared his DI circuit a while back at the old place, Ive used that DI on his nv box and its fully awesome (I remember at least the schem he posted being the DI from the NV). I would try that if you can dig it up.

dave[/quote]

Anymore info or schematic for this ? sounds interesting, but I can't find it anywhere ... :evil:

Latest posts

Back