air duster / can air

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

any recommendation for air duster / can air...
i am tired of keep ordering them in 6 packs
its kind a expensive  :mad:

or any good electric one!

When I  was the head of bench services  for a couple of audio manufacturing companies at different times.  We both used air compressors but like small ones you can find at harbor freight or other tool stores. Then had an attachment with a trigger and a nozzle which worked great.

pucho812 said:
When I  was the head of bench services  for a couple of audio manufacturing companies at different times.  We both used are compressors but like small on es you can find at harbor freight or other tool stores. Then had an attachment with a trigger and a nozzle which worked great.

i am living in an apartment building  :-\
air comps usually make way too much noise to handle !

You may want to look at airbrush compressors. Some are rather quiet.
You want one with a tank, if not it's gonna run constantly.
Then you'll need a blow gun.
The hardest part is getting the right hoses and connectors. There are so many different types and sizes you need to talk to a knowledgeable sales guy.

abbey road d enfer said:
The hardest part is getting the right hoses and connectors. There are so many different types and sizes you need to talk to a knowledgeable sales guy.

i tired some at local art store... they are still noisy! quiet enough if i my studio in a commercial building or if i had garage...
i am thinking of getting a small size car tire inner tube, and pump it at a gas station  ::)

abbey road d enfer said:

I was just gonna suggest this. It’s what I use. The caveat is that while there is less atomized oil and moisture in these vs shop compressors, you should still be sure and use a filter attachment with it.

What about a pump sprayer from the hardware store like the kind used to dispense disinfectant and such? You would have to tweak the nozzle to make a jet instead of a spray. Not sure if the PSI is enough but it would of course be quiet.

squarewave said:
What about a pump sprayer from the hardware store like the kind used to dispense disinfectant and such? You would have to tweak the nozzle to make a jet instead of a spray. Not sure if the PSI is enough but it would of course be quiet.

they might work just fine actually !
only annoying thing would be being a little careful when pumping by hand, may be i have a powerful enough gearmotor in my stash to handle the pumping

You can get rechargeable battery powered air dusters, but they're a little pricey - $50 to $80 on Amazon.

BTW if you have warts or other skin lesions that need freezing, you can use the canned air. Get a cheap plastic Q-tip (with a hollow tube), cut one end off and insert the Q-tip into the nozzle. When you hold the can upside down, a brief squirt releases liquid difluoroethane at -25F. Hodl the Q-tip against the lesion and apply brief squirts for 30 to 60 seconds while the lesion turns white (freezes).

pucho812 said:
What about sucking instead of blowing. Like why use a computer vacuum instead?

vacuum is not ideal for every situation! i use it for cleaning up fan/went grills etc.
better than air duster! at least u dont end up with dust everywhere !

How about one of those photography lens duster things?  Rubber bulb with a nozzle, squeeze for a blast of air.

I searched for "camera lens blower" and found quite a few things.

if you do not need cat 4 hurricane strength, then you might try one of these (pic)

no, it is Not a butt plug, but something less disturbing, an ear wax remover.  ;D

human powered. green. ozone feiendly. never spend another dime on canned air.

Attachments

• ear.JPG
    ear.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 8

Yes they do, which is why you decouple off the floor and contain the beast in a cube of 4" thick mineral wool.
(Testing for this with my 2gal  brad nail comp is what sold me on power of Roxul as an absorber)

we had an air compressor with bad rings, i remember cleaning some parts, and them blowing them off, and ending up with a fine coat of oil mist all over everything,

so we got the rings fixed, then the inline oiler for air tools had it's way with me and that was it for the compressor.

kambo said:
i am living in an apartment building  :-\

I advise you this Silent Air Compressor,
the noise is really really low, fine for an apartment or for you sleeping room, quite affordable also:

Stanley DST 100/8/6 SI 6L Silent Air Compressor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3UPIxnA_Y&ab_channel=MichalB%C3%A1lent

You can also DIY something similar,
people use a fridge compressor for that, it's not hard to do, but for the price I would prefer to buy the Stanley as it's already made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0rkzVbExmI&t=9s&ab_channel=EricStrebel

Whoops said:
I advise you this Silent Air Compressor,
the noise is really really low, fine for an apartment or for you sleeping room, quite affordable also:

Stanley DST 100/8/6 SI 6L Silent Air Compressor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3UPIxnA_Y&ab_channel=MichalB%C3%A1lent

You can also DIY something similar,
people use a fridge compressor for that, it's not hard to do, but for the price I would prefer to buy the Stanley as it's already made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0rkzVbExmI&t=9s&ab_channel=EricStrebel

wow stanley hardly making any noise ! i will check that out... thank you all!

Latest posts

Back