• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Spectra Sonics 101 PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmadore

Does anyone happen to have one or two of these(PCB) they can part with?

Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert, not sure if you are looking for bare PCBs (I don't know of any) or if you are looking for complete cards with components.  Complete cards should still be available from Spectra Sonics. -Mike

rmadore said:
Does anyone happen to have one or two of these(PCB) they can part with?

Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert,
the 101 and 110 pcbs are really easy to do, there's the layouts here in the forum that you can use to easily self etch at home. The PCB's are really simple with a lot of room between tracks and a simple layout. You can do 4 or 6 pcbs in 1 hour work.

If you want to self etch some let me know, I can find the tracks layouts
Let me know if

There is nothing easy about DIY'ing the Spectra 101/110.

have a look thru the search - lots have people have started and tried but failed. I don't know of anyone who has successfully done it, as easy as it may seem - starting with Daniel Flickinger in the 70's!

tho yes, you can photo copy and etch a PCB simply enough, you will not be able to get one that will work. In that i mean specifically to meet spec or not burn itself up without the necessary component matching, which is above and beyond just buying the mouser cart and a few 3566's off ebay.

I build custom audio equipment almost exclusively with Spectra tech and hundreds of these cards have passed thru my workshop - new, used, NOS and otherwise, authentic Spectra from Ogden, UT and DIY kludge, and i have never found one that had swapped components perform anywhere close to the actual AUTHENTIC cards. They might pass signal, but they wont meet the noise, THD or overload recovery specs which is where the magic is in these things...

save yourself the headache and find a few on ebay, they are a steal for the going rate and so long as no one has monkeyed with the components or swapped the tantalums for electrolytics or anything silly like that you should be good to go.

Or as Mike said - contact Spectra 1964 who are the current owners who bought the name and the tech - they still make 101's and 110's.

In a pinch i could probably sell a few as well - and if you need help in the interconnects PM me im happy to help.

also - ya - Spectra rules!
Timothy

Back