Does anybody knows those input/output transformers ? ELMUS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pw8888

HI
They where fitted into my ADR compex..
I don't need them inside it ; but would like to be able to listen to them or use them in some other gear but I miss basic information on them .
I see what seems the brand ELMUS. typ 82 and 83 . Input and output type.
thanks for your help !

P

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 52
ruffrecords said:
I think Elmus is/was a German distributor based in Berlin.

Cheers

Ian

IIRC, Elmus was the German distributor of Audio Design Recording back in the day.  The Compex (and Vocal Stresser) units had an available factory option for in/out transformers.  As I recall, the factory option used Sowters bolted directly to the back panel.  I guess Elmus made up their own option on their own circuit card.

Bri

I did a bit of searching, and there are two threads on these units at Gearslutz.

Before everyone starts barfing, these were from 10-15 years ago before GS became a total troll insane asylum.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/3276-audio-amp-design-760-x-rs-stereo-comp.html

One page 2 of the thread is a pic showing the guts of the Elmus version.  Page 3 has guts pix with the Sowter iron, as well as pix of the (most common, I think) version without any iron.

A related thread (and I wrote several comments):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/37399-what-can-you-tell-me-about-adr-gear.html

Bri

The Transformers I have seen in our Compex all have been Pikatron RÜP 158M, retrofitted by ELMUS (Audio Design Recording distributor in Germany at that time).

guys how can i thank you !!
;D ;D ;D

will look into all those possibilites and links
BTW would anybody have a link to the spec ?
would love to wire them and listen/use them ...
maybe we can deduct what spec... in relation what the adr needed in/out ? specially the ration/impedance
thanks guys !
P

Do a search on how to characterize/identify an unknown transformer or something along those lines. There are many threads that tell you how to do that. You’ll need to take them out of the circuit to do it thoroughly though.

HI
They where fitted into my ADR compex..
I don't need them inside it ; but would like to be able to listen to them or use them in some other gear but I miss basic information on them .
I see what seems the brand ELMUS. typ 82 and 83 . Input and output type.
thanks for your help !

P
Hi there, I also have a Compex with these transformers. I just got the unit, it shipped from Sweden to me and when it arrived two of these transformers were shaken off, the Type 82 had many broken wires. Wondering if you ever made use of yours?

Latest posts

Back