RackMount Enclosures

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if anyone know's of a good place that makes enclosures where the screwheads don't stick out.

you just say which holes u want 'countersunk' and then use countersunk screws too (over regular button head ones say)...

[quote author="The Kid"]How, exactly, do they silk screen these things? I haven't been able to find info on it. That's the pro way to do it, but probably $, or not? I've always wondered about that.[/quote]You need to take you drawing to someone who makes silkscreens. A friend of mine who works at a tee-shirt shop said he could do it. He said his software would even lay it out for me. Once the SS is made, they stretch it over a frame made to fit your panel. You just lay the SS over the panel, squeegee on the ink, remove the SS, let the ink dry, and vo-la! The ink's fairly expensive, though.

[quote author="tommytones"]As for the hammond chassis, it's a standard part and can be had from several places...digikey for one. 5-525D...look http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?Ref=213734&Row=120439&Site=US[/quote]

Thanks Tom. I actually did see that one but for some reason I thought they made one with the front hinged. I'll just slap a hinge on there myself then.

I'm off to order some of those right now.

I remember someone mentioned that they would possibly go to par-metal and ask them if they would keep a
some files for the 1176, La2a and such.

Maybe we were just waiting for someone to submit a file(s)
for this purpose?

:?:

Wow, about 2 hours ago, after reading this thread, I went to the Front Panel Express site. So far I've downloaded the freeware and am about 40% done with the faceplate design for my 8 channel 312 mic pre in a 4U Par-Metal chassis! It's quirky software but I'm getting the hang of it, I wish there was more than the one font, and bold would be cool, but damn, this is fantastic!

This group rules!

Kelley

[quote author="tommytones"]I guess it depends where you live. I can have screens (2 color) made for about $150. It certainly isn't cheap but comparable to engraving.
[/quote]

If you get anodized aluminum front panels, you can have them laser engraved pretty cheap. I found a trophy shop near me that will charge me around $25 for a single space panel with a moderate amount of text/graphics. I do need to give him the artwork in EPS format, but that's not too hard. Something worth checking on with your local trophy shop.

[quote author="The Kid"]How, exactly, do they silk screen these things? I haven't been able to find info on it. That's the pro way to do it, but probably $, or not? I've always wondered about that.[/quote]

http://www.guitarfool.com/Silkscreen.html

(copy)

..found a rack case that might do well with the DIY LA2A:

http://www.mainlinegroup.co.uk/mless/main.php?act=Card&id_element=3632

19" 3units, front panel folds down, price £37, and they have 78 pcs in stock

1340-big~3632-1.jpg

Mainline surplus is a great company for those odd bits..

Jakob E.

im trying to buy a rack case on www.speakon.de but im loosing a lot because its a germany page. I can do a lot, but i dont know how to see if the frontpanel are black or not, can someone help me? (and i dont know if i cant change te page language...)
thanks ;)

Arnau

[quote author="Ian MacGregor"]Oh yeah, the Par-Metal cases have a lip on the front of the top and bottom covers that can get in the way of meters, etc. In the future I will order them without the lip (I think I can), but an easy solution was to buy a nibbler and cut out little sections.[/quote]

The lip might actually be an asset on the G1176.

See the way mnats uses the lip to attach his pushbutton PCBs to the front:

1176_wiring_gr_meter.jpg

Latest posts

Back