Malachite DSP: impressive radio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyrano

The DSR in this video is a 125$ Chinese clone of an original Russian project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oduM0ISWRI

It's a very far development from the original DIY version. The case, fi is just printed circuit board. The maker of the video, OM0ET, also has a few mods.

It's amazing what SDR has come to. Especially the noise reduction in this small radio is jaw-dropping.

I had been looking at SDR and thinking of getting a dongle to mess around with , the Malachite clone looks even better , completely self contained and stand alone unit also with the abillity to work with pc software .

I'd love to try generate and transmit email encryption keys via WSPR using the Malachite as recieve end.
There is a few Ham guys who have modified arb sig generators to make them capable of transmitting WSPR symbols . Its not like I have top secret stuff or anything ,but still I think as a species we've been duped out of our privacy by the likes of Facebook and dickwad politicians who think they can control the beast , may they be chewed up ,spat out and pecked at by buzzards  :D

Back