Cad Equitek E100 Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
analogguru said:
The data (specs) in japanese shown in the photos are not from this microphone, they are probably taken from a Nakamichi and the circuit of this mic is different from a nak.
As far as I remember, the Universum and Primo had exactly the same specs. Indeed the Nakamichi was different, maybe only because it had better QC.
I would say, whatever they actually are (seems like there's 3 different versions in his offer), at 40€, they're a good deal, provided they work, of course.

Who cares about - often fantasy - specs ?

I wrote:
"... the circuit of this mic is different from a nak(amichi 300)."

And the circuit is indeed different.  Even the transformers are different.

.... at 40€, they're a good deal,....
Everybody has its own opinion about a good deal, especially when it is unclear how much has been worse-improved.

analogguru said:
Who cares about - often fantasy - specs ?
The datasheet also includes a schemo, which happens to be the same for the Universum and the Primo branded mics.

I wrote:
"... the circuit of this mic is different from a nak(amichi 300)."
And I understood that very well. You wrote : "The data (specs) in japanese shown in the photos are not from this microphone, they are probably taken from a Nakamichi"
I don't think it was. More likely to be one of the Primo datasheets that are floating around in the web.

And the circuit is indeed different.  Even the transformers are different.
And I didn't dispute that; I wrote: "Indeed the Nakamichi was different, maybe only because it had better QC." Note maybe.
I'm not an expert on Primo vs. Universum vs. Nakamichi. I'm only speaking of my personal experience as a buyer and user of Universum mics, and I happened to be informed of the Primo and Nakamichi clones.

Everybody has its own opinion about a good deal, especially when it is unclear how much has been worse-improved.
That's why I wrote: "provided they work, of course."

kingkorg said:
Thanks for the link!!!

Thank you for bringing attention to this capsule! I've seen these mics so many times at flea markets for little money and wondered what they were good for.

I think the Universum Senator also belongs to this family.

I bought a Dual MC316 for 15€ this morning, I'm curious what I can do with it.

The Dual MC316 looks exactly like the Nakamichi, only in silver and without cardoid sign.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-172611_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-172611_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 70
Hersteller: Dual
Modell: MC 316
Typ: Mikrofon
Baujahre: 1979 - 1981
Farbe: Silber
Neupreis ca.: 168 DM

Attachments

• Dual_MC-316-Daten.jpg
    Dual_MC-316-Daten.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 63
rock soderstrom said:
I bought a Dual MC316 for 15€ this morning,
This is/was a pretty standard upper limit for such a microphone (see attachment) if there would not be such idiotic price inflating threads like this one.  Good luck to the price inflators to get one for this price in the future.

BTW, the Dual MC316 is again another version.... with no XLR-connector but witch a 4-pin-connector used for the dual-impedance microphones of this era.

Attachments

• Universum_Microphone_2021-03-28_EUR10.jpg
    Universum_Microphone_2021-03-28_EUR10.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 55
analogguru said:
If there would not be such idiotic price inflating threads like this one.  Good luck to the price inflators to get one for this price in the future.

Is it possible?!?!? Really?

And in mint condition it was even more: € 16,50

But it was with a free tripod and cassette-tape....

Thanks to insane threads like this I assume that these times will be over now....

Attachments

• Universum_Microphone_2018-08-10_ebay.jpg
    Universum_Microphone_2018-08-10_ebay.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 63
abbey road d enfer said:
As far as I remember, the Universum and Primo had exactly the same specs. Indeed the Nakamichi was different, maybe only because it had better QC.
Really ?:

Primo        Primo    Nakamichi        Dual          JVC      Universum
            EMU4520(old)  EMU4520(new) CM-300    MC314      M-510

Impedance    200 Ohm  600 Ohm  200 Ohm  600 Ohm          ?        200 Ohm

Sensitivity      -72dB            ?            -76dB        -71dB        -71dB        -76dB

Max SPL        135dB        138dB        138dB      118dB        128dB          ?

S/N Ratio          ?              70dB        > 50dB    > 55dB      > 50dB      > 50dB

Attenuator      -10dB          -10dB        -10dB        -10dB          -8dB        -10dB

Freq Resp.    20-20kHz          ?          20-16kHz  20-20kHz  40-20kHz  40-15kHz

Well the way i see it, you were an avid ''discloser" back in the day, i see nothing wrong with sharing some knowledge about where to source "unobtainium" parts some "knowledgeable" people make quite a bit of money on. Seems you ain't gonna be making a lot on these any more ;)

At least i'm not disclosing anyone's current designs, and putting anyone out of business dear Gottfried.

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1619842-analogman-lawyers-kots-to-ebay-only/

kingkorg said:
Well the way i see it, you were an avid ''discloser" back in the day, i see nothing wrong with sharing some knowledge about where to source "unobtainium" parts some "knowledgeable" people make quite a bit of money on. Seems you ain't gonna be making a lot on these any more ;)

At least i'm not disclosing anyone's current designs, and putting anyone out of business dear Gottfried.
Ahhh.... I see ..... you have a problem when fraud will be disclosed, e.g. when a guy copies a Marshall - Bluesbreaker pedal, claims that this is his own original design and wants to sell it for big money.... oh yeah, I can see now from which corner you come from.

BTW, can you tell me the result of the claimed lawsuit - which never happened - mister kingkong ?

And please can you proof your insulting accusation that I made only one penny with my disclosure(s) ?

If you can't, this spreading of false accusations, rumours and lies by you is called "libel", did you know ?

Back to this "idiotic" and "insane" thread.  :eek:

Photos from the EM23, the omni version of the EM21.

"6 is the front viewed from the back, there is a grill and 8 ports, 5 is the diaphragm with integral spacer around the outside edge, 4 is the backplate with the acoustic loading hole array, 3 is the hardware the gold nipple goes up through 2 (the back of the capsule) and is the contact for the pre-amp, everything stacks and 1 screws into 6 with a spanner wrench to hold everything together. "

Attachments

• em23.jpg
    em23.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 72
analogguru said:
Really ?:
Wow! I'm impressed with your historic acumen. My memory is not as good as your database.
It looks like the specs in the E-bay ad are different:
See attachment.

So Primo made at least 6 different versions of the same mic. Or 6 different datasheets...?  :)

Attachments

• Primo compare.jpg
    Primo compare.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 65
kingkorg said:

No ad nominem please, particularly when it's not related to the actual subject.

rock soderstrom said:
Back to this "idiotic" and "insane" thread.  :eek:

Photos from the EM23, the omni version of the EM21.

"6 is the front viewed from the back, there is a grill and 8 ports, 5 is the diaphragm with integral spacer around the outside edge, 4 is the backplate with the acoustic loading hole array, 3 is the hardware the gold nipple goes up through 2 (the back of the capsule) and is the contact for the pre-amp, everything stacks and 1 screws into 6 with a spanner wrench to hold everything together. "

Thanks for the images! Sadly, they show conversion to cardioid wouldn't be an easy job.

In memory of the legendary signal find at SETI, I just want to say one thing: wow!

Attachments

• 20210401_232323_compress23.jpg
    20210401_232323_compress23.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Right? I am kind of mad at myself I haven't discovered these earlier. At the beginning i had an idea to just use capsules for some other mic projects, but that would be such a shame. I converted mine to p48, and that was it. 

Latest posts

Back