• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: API type knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops said:
Any problem with these?

http://www.avdaudio.com/catalog.htm?pid=1376

They are all 6mm shaft. OP asked for 0.125  0.25inch. Most (all?) API knobs are usually imperial.

Cheers

Ian

Don Audio has some selection,
I don't know the shaft.

There is a thread around that lately we talked about it, I think Ian told the shaft size

https://www.don-audio.com/Classic-American-Console-Knob-AP-11BK-black

ruffrecords said:
They are all 6mm shaft. OP asked for 0.125 inch. Most (all?) API knobs are usually imperial.

Cheers

Ian

I think you have a smudge on your reading glasses, Ian, OP says 0.25"  ;D

But yes, he will have to drill out a tiny bit from 6mm.

Mike

Rocinante said:
I'm fine with drilling. And yep AVD had exactly what I wanted. Thanks gents.
Let me know how you get on drilling out the 0.25 inch. I tried this and was a few degrees off perfectly vertical. There is a very noticeable wobble on the couple I drilled out. I am not mechanically gifted in the least so it may just be me. I have half a dozen 6mm ones left if you want to save a little money.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Let me know how you get on drilling out the 0.25 inch. I tried this and was a few degrees off perfectly vertical. There is a very noticeable wobble on the couple I drilled out. I am not mechanically gifted in the least so it may just be me. I have half a dozen 6mm ones left if you want to save a little money.

Cheers

Ian

You really need a drill press or at least a good jig to hold everything straight.  I had to drill out some Neve knobs once and it was stressful even with good tools  ;D

So I am having trouble ordering from AVD via some lame Russian-US sanction I guess
Its calling my purchase illegal.
I've drilled a few aluminum knobs before and a drill press is definitely required. Ian, if you have some extra I'd happily buy bcc them off you. I only need two. For right now.

Back