Hi,
I am looking for someone who can help me come up with a viable way to rack a few or maybe more of my Soundcraft Series 6000 input channels taken from a decommissioned desk. I would like to be able to still use these preamps and especially the channel eq sections. Happy to discuss fees for help and consultation with this job.
I look forward to hearing from interested experts
Thanks

abbey road d enfer

You don't really need an electronics expert to do that. What you want is someone who can identify the connections and moreover is skilled in mechanics.
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
Star ground is for electricians.

You don't really need an electronics expert to do that. What you want is someone who can identify the connections and moreover is skilled in mechanics.
Thanks for your reply, is this something you could advise or help with for an agreed fee
regards

abbey road d enfer

Thanks for your reply, is this something you could advise or help with for an agreed fee
regards
I could help, as long as you explain exactly what you expect.
How many? that would determine the case size.
The only difficulty is cutting the metalwork to a length that fits in a 19" case, cutting the PCB, recreating some connections that disappear in doing so, machine a front panel and devise an attachment.
What is your level of competence with metalwork? With drafting?

I could help, as long as you explain exactly what you expect.
How many? that would determine the case size.
The only difficulty is cutting the metalwork to a length that fits in a 19" case, cutting the PCB, recreating some connections that disappear in doing so, machine a front panel and devise an attachment.
What is your level of competence with metalwork? With drafting?

Hi, I was thinking I could build a custom type of sidecar unit to hold the modules which would sit next to the main console. The input modules would remain in a vertical position with the mic/ line inputs either accessible from behind or on a patchbay below with the line outs. The input modules are 19" long if my memory serves me right, I can confirm this when I'm in the studio tomorrow. I can do up a quick and dirty cad drawing of what I have in mind. My level of competence with metalwork is probably limited... I can definitely drill holes to specified sizes on my drill press? I am a very proficient woodworker so I can possibly transfer these skills if needed. With drafting, do u mean, designing, drawing, modelling on Cad software? If so, I am a longtime user of Autocad and I render in 3d Max, I am not a professional but have/ had enough knowledge to design and build my recording studio from scratch and realize that design. My soldering skills are pretty good at this stage, I am in the middle of soldering quite a few elco/ edac connections for my mixing console patchbay and it is not for the faint of heart.
Let me know if u think we can work together
Regards
hally

abbey road d enfer

Hi, I was thinking I could build a custom type of sidecar unit to hold the modules which would sit next to the main console. The input modules would remain in a vertical position with the mic/ line inputs either accessible from behind or on a patchbay below with the line outs. The input modules are 19" long if my memory serves me right, I can confirm this when I'm in the studio tomorrow. I can do up a quick and dirty cad drawing of what I have in mind. My level of competence with metalwork is probably limited... I can definitely drill holes to specified sizes on my drill press? I am a very proficient woodworker so I can possibly transfer these skills if needed. With drafting, do u mean, designing, drawing, modelling on Cad software? If so, I am a longtime user of Autocad and I render in 3d Max, I am not a professional but have/ had enough knowledge to design and build my recording studio from scratch and realize that design. My soldering skills are pretty good at this stage, I am in the middle of soldering quite a few elco/ edac connections for my mixing console patchbay and it is not for the faint of heart.
Let me know if u think we can work together
Regards
hally
Since the work can be divided in two parts, one making an enclosure and the other soldering a few connectors and a PSU, you don't really need much help. Your competence go much further than drafting, so you can build it.
You just need to find a suitable PSU, which many members can help with. Connecting the I/O's and psu is just a matter of using the right connectors, which isn't hard. IIRC, the 6000 uses an HE10 connector for the PSU. These are ribbon type connectors, so you would need to fan out the ribbon cable to the PSU. Alternatively you could make a direct connection to the PCB. This is a 40-way connector, of which you would use only 5 or 6.
There will be many unused connections, such as bus, and solo logic.
The input connector is a Molex 0.016" pitch, which can easily be soldered to wires.