Old Behringer B2 Pro

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubxf

I just got one of those B2 with a removable head and i read the mod threads but i couldn't for sure get a definite conclusion of the findings. If i understood it right the mods described are quite involved but didn't make a huge sonic difference. It looks like in some pictures that there is a styroflex cap that is not in the original. Is that a capsule coupling cap?
Could you please advise on the value and where is it connected. Are some parts removed. The big difference seems to be the capsule i will start there and swap the original for  a ck12.

No mods to the electronics made any difference for me. It's a great circuit with good components.

Under the capsule in the black plastic box there are two cheapest possible ceramic disk caps, they should be replaced for higher quality ones. I believe they are 1nf caps.

The capsule is the thing i like the most about that mic. It is found in some highly regarded mics(Soundelux, Rode classic, Townsend labs Sphere), but it is bright.

I would add some foam padding under the capsule to scatter some of the reflections around the capsule.

You can add microphone parts type of mod to get closer to u87 sound, and tame the high end by adding two 10k resistors and one 1nf cap.

http://www.audioimprov.com/AudioImprov/Mics/Entries/2014/2/8_EQ_Pt.3_-_Transformerless_Mics.html

You dont need the pot, just leave it out.

Might be even simpler to add a capacitor (or a cap in series with a resistor) in parallel with the JFET drain resistor. Maybe... No need to cut any traces, at least :)

kingkorg said:
You can add microphone parts type of mod to get closer to u87 sound, and tame the high end by adding two 10k resistors and one 1nf cap.

http://www.audioimprov.com/AudioImprov/Mics/Entries/2014/2/8_EQ_Pt.3_-_Transformerless_Mics.html

You dont need the pot, just leave it out.

"Under the capsule in the black plastic box there are two cheapest possible ceramic disk caps, they should be replaced for higher quality ones. I believe they are 1nf caps."
So i located those 2 capacitors why would they use that ? if they used good components everywhere else.

Latest posts

Back