caveat

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, tough crowd.  It was me who asked, and I was asking more than that..

Message that was sent:

Have you ever tested/compared a NE5534 vs a 990 vs TL072 or otherwise, even with a light (within spec) load - and thought/concluded with a null test/ab/x there was no perceivable or measurable difference?

I'm convinced I can distinguish a difference by ear/instinct (with just a single op-amp) but I've read several times there is no difference, maybe only perceivable if you stack a bunch of 'em.  My instincts and ears say that's not true... and I'm pretty sure I've implemented them okay.

What does it matter?  I don't know... just something that interests me I guess.  How do I prove what I'm hearing/feeling?  Maybe it's impossible.

Also, I think I'm probably better off not visiting/posting on groupdiy anymore.  Is there any way I can just delete my entire account?  I think sometimes my input is valuable then I realize I'm probably better off just sticking to/keeping it to myself.

End of message sent.

Note: I was asking if I could delete my own account, but that's okay.  Make an example out of me.

80hinhiding said:
Wow, tough crowd.  It was me who asked, and I was asking more than that..

Message that was sent:

Have you ever tested/compared a NE5534 vs a 990 vs TL072 or otherwise, even with a light (within spec) load - and thought/concluded with a null test/ab/x there was no perceivable or measurable difference?

I'm convinced I can distinguish a difference by ear/instinct (with just a single op-amp) but I've read several times there is no difference, maybe only perceivable if you stack a bunch of 'em.  My instincts and ears say that's not true... and I'm pretty sure I've implemented them okay.

What does it matter?  I don't know... just something that interests me I guess.  How do I prove what I'm hearing/feeling?  Maybe it's impossible.

Also, I think I'm probably better off not visiting/posting on groupdiy anymore.  Is there any way I can just delete my entire account?  I think sometimes my input is valuable then I realize I'm probably better off just sticking to/keeping it to myself.

End of message sent.

Note: I was asking if I could delete my own account, but that's okay.  Make an example out of me.
I didn't make an example of you, you did.

You can delete your own posts and quietly withdraw.

I do not invite personal consulting requests. I prefer to share answers with the entire forum so more people can benefit (or not). I used to charge $100/hr for design consulting back when I did accept work.

To answer your specific question no I never compared a 990 to anything.

JR

PS: I'm just channeling my inner "neanderthal"....

As your signature says, it's nice to be nice.
I didn't want to start a topic and have it blow up into yet another 'you're just imagining it' type of topic. Sorry to have bothered you. 

I am deleting my posts, most of it was just subjective anyway.

Unlike airports and train depots, there is no need to announce your departure.

That said I wish you well and find whatever your looking for.
We will be here if you change your mind. Be well be safe.

80hinhiding said:
As your signature says, it's nice to be nice.
I didn't want to start a topic and have it blow up into yet another 'you're just imagining it' type of topic. Sorry to have bothered you. 

I am deleting my posts, most of it was just subjective anyway.
Sorry that was me being nice....

JR

why must people feel need to delete their past participation?
makes threads fragmented

why not just take a break and see what happens rather than a dramatic exit

is this part of cancel culture? honestly asking as I don't grok the concept and recent references--i try to live in a bubble

I was really hoping to be the most dramatic person on GDIY. Just the other day I had a insane rant (I am insane) that a few GDIY commented on. It lifted my spirits, gave me chuckle, and reminded myself this is all words on a page. How I choose to precive them is on me.

That said, I do have a had time figuring out the right questions to ask, but thats all part of learning :)

Be Well :)

matriachamplification said:
I was really hoping to be the most dramatic person on GDIY. Just the other day I had a insane rant 

And I just answered that very post.  FWIW, you're far from the most dramatic person on here ;)

Nothing to say on the topic of this thread except, I already gave several hours of consultation in that department.  I didn't charge moolah as I no longer do this for a job.  I no longer do anything for a job actually but that's another story.
Anyway, upshot is there's zero repercussion or guilt on my part if the advice I give is not appreciated. 

JohnRoberts said:
Don't send emails to my personal account asking if I can delete your GroupDIY account. 

answer= I can.

JR

Can you change my name to Majestic Electric? The spelling mistake in Matriarch has been throbbing at my OCD for some time :) If not cool, we can cope ;)

When I joined this group, it was on the back of leaving the old place.  The early days...

At the time I was working for a few manufacturing companies and was wary of some of the info I was posting coming back to bite my arse.
So, like others, I adopted my nom de plume.

Well I already got into any and all trouble for posting some of the stuff I did (EMI schemes comes to mind) so it seems a bit silly now to continue the charade of 'Winston'.

I've thought of asking to get my moniker changed to something more adult like my actual name but, Mr. O'Boogie is also OK I suppose. 

shabtek said:
why must people feel need to delete their past participation?
makes threads fragmented

++1

It would be better to delete the account and set it to "user deleted" to preserve the content, as other forums do.

Sorry to see 80hinhiding clearing his posts, I don´t get it but respect it :-\

But also time to say John Roberts, you are doing a very good job as moderator!
Tough but clear and fair is how it should be, imho...

Back