Harrison TV3 sidecar project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeptic12

GDIY Supporter
HI

I am helping a friend make a 12 channel sidecar out of TV3 console strips.  I have parts of the original service manual as a guide and I am using a huge Anacapa Industries PSU (originally from the Harrison console).

I utilised the original motherboard, powered the +/- 18v rails and have managed to get mic signal in and then out via the transformer on MultiTrack output.  Sounds good and eqs are working.

BUT- there's a click when signal hits the channel and PS light comes on (I have tried several strips) and a high whining sound when fader is engaged. 

I'm obviously missing something here.
Is there a better way to come out of the strip- a direct out that uses the transformer but misses the fader/VCA? 

thanks in advance

skeptic12 said:
BUT- there's a click when signal hits the channel and PS light comes on
What does it mean "PS light comes on"?

high whining sound when fader is engaged. 
What do you mean "engaged"? How do you get signal out with the fader not engaged?

I'm obviously missing something here.
I would think what's missing is the logic voltage.

PS light must mean presence of signal, right below an overload light.

the fader isn't affecting the signal, though it adds at the whining sound when pushed up. 

I'll check into where the logic voltage comes from.  I can't see an obvious rail

Back