Designing front panels - Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manulaudic

Hi, bit of a noob here.
I have been looking around the net a lot regarding how to design front panels for my DIY projects.
I've been successful with "frontdesign" but i don't see how i can insert knob scales and such.
Also at the moment i am using a MAC but picking up a PC this week to get more options-

Can you recommend anything to me?
I would like to be able to design front panels ready for CNC just like this one

Thanks

Attachments

• studer_169ch_front_panel.pdf
    16.9 KB · Views: 31
abbey road d enfer said:
Please do not remove. Instead, tell us your solution; that would probably help many members.
We are a group, so let's share.

Right so i figured out on the software there is a button called : "create scale"
That lets you do a scale marking where you can enter your values...
To have them all the same on my front plate but with different values i just create a master one and saved it as a macro object. After placing it on each drilled hole i ungrouped the object and changed the values.

i attached where i am at moment

Attachments

• Studer_169_500_front_panel.pdf
    8.8 KB · Views: 39
Ricardus said:
So that's the EQ with preamp? Tell me more about that.

Indeed, it's a PCB that was designed here. Nothing special but a nice stereo pair to have available :)

Regarding the machining I have no idea yet . A friend of mine has a CNC machine but I would need to get blank black plates and engraving through it would reveal the markings in aluminium. Could be need :)

The software let's you order from their website so I should look at the price of that as well !

If anyone offer that kind of work in EU, I'm interested ;)

M

Latest posts

Back