The Last Analog Motion Graphics Machine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that was brilliant - thanks for sharing! Seriously tempted to write to the guy and ask about doing a scanimate music video...  ;D

Amazing!

I spent 15 years working in broadcast so this holds real fascination for me. Analogue stuff was just on the way out when I started, and high definition was becoming more prevalent but was by no means universal.

When I started, a 2u rack unit was needed for downstream keying of logos and simple text fx for one channel in SD. By the time I left, you could fit 20 cards doing the same job for 20 hd channels into a single 3u frame.

The owner is right about it having character - his comparison with classic Moog synths is a good one I think.

Slightly off topic....

Back in the early 1980's I was working for an ad agency. We used a production house (in Atlanta, IIRC) that made amazing animated logos, etc with some sort of automated animation stand with the finished product on 35mm film.

Bri

Wonderful, so many knobs :p
TwentyTrees said:
Yeah, that was brilliant - thanks for sharing! Seriously tempted to write to the guy and ask about doing a scanimate music video...  ;D
Go for it, he seems like he might appreciate it!

TwentyTrees said:

Very surprised that Daft Punk haven't called him up already!

Latest posts

Back