Friedman/Ceriatone BE/AHD-50 Clone Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi All,

Just thought i'd document the start of my last amp build.
Have started the turret board, will work on chassis and Head cabinet next.

Attachments

• AHD Turret.jpeg
    AHD Turret.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 163
Have found a 100 watt output txf that's tests fine, also it looks as though this line 6 spider mk2 power txf could be used for this build as it has 2 x190vac with ct, schematic says 2 x 178vac could possibly use the 20v winding for the 12v regulator? And it has the 6.3vac for the heaters.
Would this work?

Also what value choke? 3H?

Attachments

• AH-Deluxe-50W-July-20-2020.jpg
    AH-Deluxe-50W-July-20-2020.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 132
Looking closer at the diagram I can see there is 2 x 178v with centre tap, 2 x 3.15v with centre tap, 14v and a 98v winding.
Didnt spot the 98v winding on my first look.
Could anyone confirm this is correct please?

Spencerleehorton said:
This is the power transformer specs
The HT winding can be used either with center tap grounded and a common cathode rectifier to deliver 250Vdc or with a 4-diode bridge to deliver 500Vdc.
The diagram indicates it's the latter they have chosen, so the center tap must be thoroughly insulated and left floating.

Making sure the pcb fits, fx loop pcb.
Need to finish the holes for the sockets and drill all the gnd tabs in.
Then gonna wire the heaters and test the mains voltages.
Then it's the big wire up!!!20210704_162600.jpg

Still plugging away at this build but have a question about a terminal board with the two MPSA06 transistors on it, it seems only 2 connections are made on the transistors, one is the base and is the other the emitter or collector???

The schematic is on #6

Back