Rupert Neve interview

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

https://www.audiotechnology.com/interview/rupert-neve-interview-part-1

1998 interview , a friend sent me the link , will have a read later on.

Interesting stuff indeed ,
Kinda crosses into lots of territory that we debate here , bandwidth , IC vs discrete , tube vs solid state and designers who design by mathmatics and measurement alone and dont listen etc . I just read parts 1&2 so far and Id highly reccomend this article to both new puppies and salty ould dogs alike  :)

And thanks also for taking the time to comment Warpie ,
the article reminds me the ear is capable of detecting subtleties well beyond simple steady state Volt/frequency/THD and noise measurements within the audio band reveal .
I might try digest pt3 with my coffee tomorrow.

Tubetec said:
Id highly reccomend this article to both new puppies and salty ould dogs alike  :)

As an eternal new puppy, I'll be the first to admit that more than half of the article is above my head—but his humility and drive should be inspirational to anyone who gives it all a read. That stuff about resonances above accepted limitations of hearing is staggering. Thanks for sharing!

I fully agree with the notion that academics alone is not enough for good audio design. Academia gets many things wrong when it comes to human perception and behavior.

Thanks for sharing.  His designs are legendary,  and by all accounts a gentleman as well.

Back