Langevin 252a Slider Contacts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnomefather

I recently picked up this Langevin 252a with some broken/ugly contacts. Does anybody have experience repairing these? As it stands it seems like these contacts may work, but I don't want to risk damaging the circuit board traces...

I'm also in the process of drawing up a schematic, I hope to post that soon.

Attachments

• Langevin1.jpg
    Langevin1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
gnomefather said:
I recently picked up this Langevin 252a with some broken/ugly contacts. Does anybody have experience repairing these? As it stands it seems like these contacts may work, but I don't want to risk damaging the circuit board traces...

I'm also in the process of drawing up a schematic, I hope to post that soon.
I can see that some have already been "repaired" with solder...

abbey road d enfer said:
I can see that some have already been "repaired" with solder...

Yes, those “repairs” were done by a previous owner...

abbey road d enfer said:
These are a different version, flatter contact area, different material.

I got a 251a from Igor recently, opened that up and the contacts look quite different, like you say. I read in a Langevin catalog that these use “bifurcated” spring contacts, and I wrongly assumed that the “bifurcation” was the connection between the two contacts. On the 251a each contact pad is two-pronged.

I’ve looked through a lot of new PCB spring contacts but haven’t found any that seem like viable candidates. Looking like I’d need to rebuild this with switches... I have a bunch of Grayhill rotary encoders, and was thinking it may be more cost effective to use those (and an Arduino) to control sets of relays on each band. Otherwise I think I’m looking at like $1500 in switches.

Latest posts

Back