Linear Labs video

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PermO

Adrian Younge, Linear Labs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV5r6ZtZASc

Vintage King just put this video up showing this very cool place with a very nice collection of vintage gear.

Very tastefull, seems like a very cool playground to me  8)

Very cool, I'd love to have that kind of sound lab.

I can't be certain as I can't see the engraved serial numbers, but at 3mins, 8 secs. (& again later on) I see what looks like my work of a pair of Altec 436B's converted to EMI RS.124's.    There's one other possible guy who might've done that exact same mod though so, who cares really.

Cool place.

Winston O'Boogie said:
Very cool, I'd love to have that kind of sound lab.

I can't be certain as I can't see the engraved serial numbers, but at 3mins, 8 secs. (& again later on) I see what looks like my work of a pair of Altec 436B's converted to EMI RS.124's.    There's one other possible guy who might've done that exact same mod though so, who cares really.

Cool place.

Nice eye! Noticed the R124's while admiring the Maestro on top. Fantastic collection. What makes it so much more enjoyable is that the equipment is being used.

Here's another video of Mr Adrian Younge in action at his Linear Labs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ccIhVGo6g

Really cool guy, such a great place.

For me it also started with hip hop, from there diggin in record crates finding these albums that were sampled. Entering the psycho P Funk realm of George Clinton, got my first instument, a bass. Got into sampling myself. Bought a Rhodes piano for the exact same reason... Portishead. And have a love for old vintage gear, a love for a good sound.

I could live there... just give me coffee and a place to sleep, I would be happy to live there  8)

some cognitive dissonance for me; looks very cool, polished. is hip hop supposed to have chord changes though? this looks like a fun process but it seems devoid of some essence. wu

shabtek said:
some cognitive dissonance for me; looks very cool, polished. is hip hop supposed to have chord changes though? this looks like a fun process but it seems devoid of some essence. wu
+1. Being cool and being surrounded with tons of vintage stuff is not enough for me.

abbey road d enfer said:
+1. Being cool and being surrounded with tons of vintage stuff is not enough for me.

Yeah but, if it was you being cool surrounded by vintage stuff,  surely you'd be working on projects that would make it enough.  For you.

Unless you also need 24 food delivery, on site neck & shoulders massage therapist, an open bar, dancing girls...

;) 

Winston O'Boogie said:
Yeah but, if it was you being cool surrounded by vintage stuff,  surely you'd be working on projects that would make it enough.  For you.
Correct, but I wouldn't brag about it and I wouldn't expect to be praised. That's what this guy does; under the cool attitude, he's swaggering.
The "music" he produces leaves me profoundly indifferent. That is often the case with vintage-based studios. I love rockabilly, but for many, recording at Sun is the utmost achievement, but they just don't have good songs or talent. They end up with a soulless recording done 50's style.
I produce rockabilly records, digitally, without any piece of vintage (except some guitars and amps). Nobody complains about the sound, but I make sure the songs are good and the people have talent.

Back