flooding in NSW

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
Do we have any forum members in Sydney, Australia....? It appears they are getting another one of those 100 year storms (usually drought and fire, rain this time).

I have an old friend living there... I need to make contact, but I suspect he is busy...

JR

Over the last week I've been catching up (by email) with a mate who lives in Sydney. He hasn't mentioned anything, mind you, I didn't ask either.

Situation reminds me of when I was living in Brisbane in 2010 - 2011. Luckily we were on a hill. Some have argued that part of the problem, at that time, was a city council belief (possibly fueled by some "influencers") that it would never rain again, so they wanted to hold onto every drop. This led to problems with the timing of releases from the dam (which led to the flooding). The investigations into culpability were ongoing as there was huge damage and loss of life.

Allegedly, there were bull sharks in supermarkets and other places you didn't want to find them. I know that bull sharks could be typically found up the Brisbane River as far as Colleges Crossing.

The current situation seems worse than the Brisbane one, at least more beyond the control of anyone and even more widespread. I have not heard reports of great loss of life, which is relieving. However, the damage to living and livelihoods is another thing. Hang in there people of NSW.

Squeaky said:
Over the last week I've been catching up (by email) with a mate who lives in Sydney. He hasn't mentioned anything, mind you, I didn't ask either.

Situation reminds me of when I was living in Brisbane in 2010 - 2011. Luckily we were on a hill. Some have argued that part of the problem, at that time, was a city council belief (possibly fueled by some "influencers") that it would never rain again, so they wanted to hold onto every drop. This led to problems with the timing of releases from the dam (which led to the flooding). The investigations into culpability were ongoing as there was huge damage and loss of life.

Allegedly, there were bull sharks in supermarkets and other places you didn't want to find them. I know that bull sharks could be typically found up the Brisbane River as far as Colleges Crossing.

The current situation seems worse than the Brisbane one, at least more beyond the control of anyone and even more widespread. I have not heard reports of great loss of life, which is relieving. However, the damage to living and livelihoods is another thing. Hang in there people of NSW.
yup the common complaint was drought and brush fires... too much rain is too much of a good thing.

I hope all are well...

JR

Latest posts

Back