Jaydee´s Calrec PQ1549 Equalizer (new inside pics added)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDee

My version of the Calrec PQ1549 Equalizer. Not 100% finished but sounds great :D :D :D

A cheap case, senor letters , some colour, inside two (4) Gustav PCB´s , relais for some switches, wallwart power, lot of work but a lucky winner of a good sounding eq. Another massive passive (ähm active)...

calrec-001.jpg

calrec-003.jpg

calrec-002.jpg

[quote author="chikkenguy"]what kind of lettering exactly is that (senor?)? is it some sort of decals?[/quote]

WOW!!!!

Awesome job. I to would like to know what lettering you used. And more importantly, HOW did you get it on so straight??

[quote author="chikkenguy"]what kind of lettering exactly is that (senor?)? is it some sort of decals?[/quote]
Seno?
Unfortunately Seno has stopped selling white dry transfers! (at least in the UK)

Nice nice nice - go on - show us the relay boards....

[quote author="Michael Krusch"]Nice reflektions of the leds. :grin:
Looks like the Conrad case.
Are you happy with the sound of the Calrec?[/quote]

@michael: It´s the conrad case, but you get it much cheaper in evilbay. LED´s are plain (?), means it ends with the frontpanel and have nice orange colour. Yes, comparing to sontec and massive passive its sounds different, more grabby but very very good (and precise).

I will put some pics of lettering and some intructions in here tomorrow...

No relai boards. Unfortunately I cannot make PCBs. So its point to point...

Thanks to all. I can recommand the calrec anyway.

jeeeez, eq panel with seno letters....
grinsend_060.gif

rub on, rub on, rub on, rub on, rub on :green:

looks great!

steff

[quote author="CJ"]What's going on around here? This place has turned into circuit city!
That's six in two days.
:thumb:[/quote]

@ CJ. by the way... I called one of my tracks circuit city, long before D.I.Y. :green:

@ Frank, yes, glue (sekundenklebba)

Latest posts

Back