The Suez Canal, oh oh.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
Weighed against the cost to the world economy could it be that the best strategy might be to blast that ship into a thousand pieces?
Huh? 20k containers and a significant fraction of world economies trade...

It sounds like the US navy has offered to assist, with an assessment team of dredging experts.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Huh? 20k containers and a significant fraction of world economies trade...

It sounds like the US navy has offered to assist, with an assessment team of dredging experts.

JR

Come on, if Trump had suggested it - and he would have, were he still President - you would have considered it a valid response.  :p

pucho812 said:
Drinking on the job?
I speculate of course but maybe the pilot was drunk at the wheel?

It doesn't look like it has anything to do with it.

This is from the Wikipedia page on the incident, citing the news reports quoted below:

The government of Egypt requires a ship traversing the canal to be boarded by an Egyptian "Suez crew", including one or more official maritime pilots from Egypt’s Suez Canal Authority (SCA) who commands the ship, taking over from the regular crew. There were two Egyptian SCA pilots on board at the time of the accident.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/25/suez-canal-cargo-ship-ever-given-stuck
https://www.saultthisweek.com/news/world/suez

living sounds said:
It doesn't look like it has anything to do with it.

This is from the Wikipedia page on the incident, citing the news reports quoted below:

The government of Egypt requires a ship traversing the canal to be boarded by an Egyptian "Suez crew", including one or more official maritime pilots from Egypt’s Suez Canal Authority (SCA) who commands the ship, taking over from the regular crew. There were two Egyptian SCA pilots on board at the time of the accident.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/25/suez-canal-cargo-ship-ever-given-stuck
https://www.saultthisweek.com/news/world/suez

They do the same thing at the Panama Canal at ports and other waterways using a pilot who boards and guides the ship. The doesn’t mean they didn’t have a few cocktails

Ckbg4tL.jpg

living sounds said:
Come on, if Trump had suggested it - and he would have, were he still President - you would have considered it a valid response.  :p
Living sounds, you simply don´t have HIS class, HE would have suggested using ***space lasers***...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 27
living sounds said:
Weighed against the cost to the world economy could it be that the best strategy might be to blast that ship into a thousand pieces?

Bad strategy as this example shows. ;D

https://youtu.be/luEod2tHUw4

This will affect prices on shipping via containers..wich are already triple in prices, due to lack of empty containers in china..

ruffrecords said:
I heard it ran aground in a sand storm. Literally blew it across the canal.

Cheers

Ian

That has been the claim.  it is a plausible claim.  But as usual there are those, not me, who think it's a conspiracy, that the illuminate or whoever wanted to cause damage to the world economy.  If the conspiracy is true, they did a good job of making it happen without harming anyone.
Me I suspect the  canal pilot was on the sauce, a few drinks, however you wish to call it. The crew and regular pilot sure seemed to be on something. The path they took before the canal drew a few lewd images on the navigation screen. Imagine the canal pilot gets onboard and is treated with a drink and then another then finally crash into a sand bar.  Who knows.  it watching the getting unstuck has been pretty interesting.  Now we have the U.S. sending out some naval engineers and ships to lend a hand. this is going to be very interesting to watch.
From the get go, the guy with the backhoe, either they thought he was enough or he is just that skilled at running a backhoe.

pucho812 said:
That has been the claim.  it is a plausible claim.  But as usual there are those, not me, who think it's a conspiracy, that the illuminate or whoever wanted to cause damage to the world economy.
No, no, no it was the Illuminati who created the Covid vaccine. I thought everyone knew that.  :)

Cheers

Ian

3nity said:
This will affect prices on shipping via containers..wich are already triple in prices, due to lack of empty containers in china..
won't help...
===
I find it amusing that everybody is second guessing the explanation for this accident, but take everything else in the news as truth.

JR

Estimated cost: 334 million $ per hour.

44 of the hundreds of ships waiting have live stock on board. Imagine having to transport feed and manure...

pucho812 said:
so they can track you anywhere in the world right? We all know they can't do that know with your cell phone.
Dead right mate, 'cause you can turn your phone off and take out the batteries to go off grid but to do that with the virus you have to kill yourself. Either way they win.

Cheers

aAn

Latest posts

Back