signalflow

Potentiometer pin names in schematics.
« on: April 02, 2021, 11:27:10 AM »
Been looking at the CIB info in the tech docs section and thinking about doing a layout of the EQ section...maybe. The potentiometer pins are denoted as T - W - B.  Now the W makes sense to me. Wiper, duh, pin 2. But what do the T & B stand for? I tried a web search but nothing came up.

Thanks,
Casey
The shortest distance between two places is a nap.

JohnRoberts

Re: Potentiometer pin names in schematics.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 11:34:55 AM »
top and bottom.... just a guess....

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not participate in mob hatred.

signalflow

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 11:48:56 AM »
That was at the top of my very short list of guesses. Top(pin 1) bottom(pin 3). I'm sure I can figure it out by comparison to similar circuits & trial and error.

Thanks John, BTW, the first real studio I recorded in and later got promoted to cleaning the toilets in had your AMR 2400 console in it. Great memories learning the trade in that place with that console. Every time I see one come up for sale I try to justify picking it up. Alas my living room isn't big enough and apparently it's frowned upon to make your kid sleep on the floor.

Casey

JohnRoberts

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 01:13:50 PM »
That was at the top of my very short list of guesses. Top(pin 1) bottom(pin 3). I'm sure I can figure it out by comparison to similar circuits & trial and error.

Thanks John, BTW, the first real studio I recorded in and later got promoted to cleaning the toilets in had your AMR 2400 console in it. Great memories learning the trade in that place with that console. Every time I see one come up for sale I try to justify picking it up. Alas my living room isn't big enough and apparently it's frowned upon to make your kid sleep on the floor.

Casey

Even back then the AMR 2400 was a throwback to old school "split" consoles... the "inline" configuration looked better on paper for features count.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not participate in mob hatred.

radardoug

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 03:19:03 PM »
Unfortunately T and B give no information if you dont know how the pot is oriented. CW and CCW would be better.

signalflow

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 03:27:20 PM »
Unfortunately T and B give no information if you dont know how the pot is oriented. CW and CCW would be better.

Yes, that would be better.