Potentiometer pin names in schematics.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signalflow

Been looking at the CIB info in the tech docs section and thinking about doing a layout of the EQ section...maybe. The potentiometer pins are denoted as T - W - B.  Now the W makes sense to me. Wiper, duh, pin 2. But what do the T & B stand for? I tried a web search but nothing came up.

Thanks,
Casey

That was at the top of my very short list of guesses. Top(pin 1) bottom(pin 3). I'm sure I can figure it out by comparison to similar circuits & trial and error.

Thanks John, BTW, the first real studio I recorded in and later got promoted to cleaning the toilets in had your AMR 2400 console in it. Great memories learning the trade in that place with that console. Every time I see one come up for sale I try to justify picking it up. Alas my living room isn't big enough and apparently it's frowned upon to make your kid sleep on the floor.

Casey

signalflow said:
That was at the top of my very short list of guesses. Top(pin 1) bottom(pin 3). I'm sure I can figure it out by comparison to similar circuits & trial and error.

Thanks John, BTW, the first real studio I recorded in and later got promoted to cleaning the toilets in had your AMR 2400 console in it. Great memories learning the trade in that place with that console. Every time I see one come up for sale I try to justify picking it up. Alas my living room isn't big enough and apparently it's frowned upon to make your kid sleep on the floor.

Casey

Even back then the AMR 2400 was a throwback to old school "split" consoles... the "inline" configuration looked better on paper for features count.

JR

Latest posts

Back