Hitting the air waves

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I recently sent out a handfull of invites to listen to the latest track I recorded , I want to really thank you for your honest impressions . I did a new mix taking into account the suggestions , it was submitted only today to a locally based national DJ (John Creedon RTE radio 1 ) and low and behold it will get its first play on air tonight , save to say I'm very excited about how it will sound  :)

AHahah , I wasnt impressed much with what radio transmission did to my sound , general reaction back from most of my semi deaf friends was very good overall though even though the song ended up played off a  'not for production' CD listening copy meant only for the artist  :-X

Very cool you got airplay !  8)

I've build a couple of studios for a radio station, very popular morning show.
A couple times a week they had a live band in the studio playing their latest hitsong.

We put an Optimod on one of the mixbusses, with the same settings the station Optimod had, so you could listen how your mix got destroyed by the Optimod and make some adjustments.
Before each Optimod was a Avalon 747 to tame the Optimod with some smooth pre-compression to make the Optimods sound less agressive.

Tubetec said:
AHahah , I wasnt impressed much with what radio transmission did to my sound , general reaction back from most of my semi deaf friends was very good overall though even though the song ended up played off a  'not for production' CD listening copy meant only for the artist  :-X

Presumably that CD was what you gave the station / DJ to play ?

Well actually the artist submitted the CD , I'd have prefered handing it in on memory stick rather than a disk.
In the end getting a listen to the tune over radio has made me want to try a little overall EQ to sweeten the mix a bit and stop the bass end causing the optimod to squash things up as much .

Latest posts

Back