Haufe T14/1 and alternatives

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snigglepit

I bought an AKG C24 last year as a project. It turned out that it had been put together from spares, with a completely different circuit inside. I was hoping it could be made to work as is, but my tech is having no joy and thinks we might be better off putting the mic back to stock.

I have managed to get hold of a pair of original C24 electronics cards/inner frames, but they didn't come with transformers. So I'm wondering whether to try to get real Haufe T14/1 or whether a substitute like the Sowter 1568 will be OK. Are the alternatives the same size, and will they fit in the frames? And if I go for the real thing, what's the best source for Haufe transformers in the UK?

Thanks!

Sowter's are a different size.

Haufe prices have gone a bit crazy lately. Best option is to try and buy second hand.

Moby group buy is all spoken for but it's reasonable to expect that he'll be selling them once he's set up and the group buy transformers have been shipped.

I would wait for Moby's transformers if I were you. All the iron he sells now is the best option available.

Back