S*S*L X*Logic Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clintrubber wrote:
I've been searching for that 85501 but couldn't find anything sofar.

They are small PCBs:

Thanks, now that makes more sense for that gain-ratio & eventual distortion.
Why they invert the signal twice in front of the VCA is not clear to me though - just invert once and flip the wires to the input one would say. But that's just another interpretation of what's happening on that board.

All fine, thanks again for providing that file :thumb:

Peter

The XLogic G Series Compressor unit is a 1U rack mounting stereo compressor. It utilises the classic SSL G Series centre compressor design elements within a SuperAnalogue design topology. This brings the dual benefits of spectacular audio performance with a universally acclaimed compressor characteristic.
SuperAnalogue topology means no capacitors on signal path....
...there is here. What do you think about that ?!?

it looks like there are 2 sidechain circuits, one for each channel...
is this correct??

is that something like the dbx detection, that the loudest sc of each signal is the sc signal... or arethey mixed together like in the clone ??

[quote author="matthias"]it looks like there are 2 sidechain circuits, one for each channel...[/quote]
correct. compared to the clone this makes a difference in compressing coherrent and incoherrent signals.

[quote author="[silent:arts]"][quote author="matthias"]it looks like there are 2 sidechain circuits, one for each channel...[/quote]
correct. compared to the clone this makes a difference in compressing coherrent and incoherrent signals.[/quote]

But it makes no difference in compressing coherent or incoherent singers.

:guinness: :sam:

:shock: missed that one (damn :?

Would anyone be so kind to mail me something not available anymore?
(or maybe pm me the hidden link... :wink: of an exclusive club?)

there are lots of vca's waiting for experiments ...

any answers would be appreciated ... :grin:

happy DIY

Martin

Back