Here is a Great Source for PCB at very low cost.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluzzi

Things are getting too busy here so I thought I would just publish a source for PCB I found here in Canada (although the plant is in China).

They are willing to do low quantities for very little as you can see. The transport will bring up th eprice in the small quantities (one or 2 ).

But if we do a group buy (25 or more) the cost is the best I have seen. These guys are ISO aproved and must have the Gerber n order to provide. Also a prototype is available at low cost.

For example. 25 pcs single layer 5x6inch is 0.27 each plus 32.00 setup, transport is free. Total 1.55 U.S. funds each! Go for higher qty and price falls even further.

I have not found a better source yet.

I don't know if they will quote outside of Canada but I do not see why not as they are in China. If not then I or someone else iin Canada can handle the transaction for us all.

I hope some of you find this information useful.

Jim

Scaling the area up to a standard panel for me thats about 1/10 of what I can get the bare board for. Amazing price.

Gustav

Hey
There's a little company not far from where i live and they will do a Euro card size board for around 1.75 to 2 uk pounds, setup fee is 50 uk pounds. Its a shame really because i paid the setup fee for the Calrecs at Christmas and was going to offer the boards at the 1.75 to 2 uk pounds but another member of the forum wanted to take this on and mailed and asked me not to sell them at that price. Oh well my Calrecs great anyway, i don't think you could buy the materials for that price.
Vikki(uk)

And I must have been somewhere else....sorry about that!

Here is the link

http://www.myropcb.com/

Let me know what you think.

Jim

[quote author="Scenaria"]check with tommy as I know he gets some really good prices from someplace in canada[/quote]

He may have the same source (I think he is in Montreal as well). I certainly have not found any this low! If anyone has please let us know.

Jim

[quote author="Bluzzi"]

For example. 25 pcs single layer 5x6inch is 0.27 each plus 32.00 setup, transport is free. Total 1.55 U.S. funds each! Go for higher qty and price falls even further.
[/quote]
Well, actually, the way I read it is 0.27 per square inch - $7.10 for a single layer 5x6.

And although it says "No overseas shipping fee" (from China to Canada?) it is unclear if there is a domestic one from Canada to the purchaser.

I would think twice about sending off an original design to be manufactured in China. Stories of designs being "cloned" after being entrusted to Chinese factories are legion.

Really, I'm sick of all the manufacturing going to China, so I'd be willing to spend a little more to have the work done by a firm in my own country. Saving a buck isn't everything.

Yes I didn't notice that the price was per square inch! Damn! Oh well! Sorry about that.

I still think the prices are very good though.

The source is there if you want to use it. If not keep using the ones you prefer. I just thought we could benefit from it. Personally I have no problems buying from China. If you do then next time you buy a component or part or anything for that matter check the country of origin! You may be in for a shock! As far as them stealing designs, well aren't we using public domain designs? I think they have better things to do then to start manufacturing G9s ! Mind you if they did I would surely look at them closely! :cool:

I didn't mean to start a China versus others thread here. Just wanted to pass on a tip. China's quality is far superior to where Japan's was when it started.

Peace

Jim

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]I would think twice about sending off an original design to be manufactured in China. Stories of designs being "cloned" after being entrusted to Chinese factories are legion.

Really, I'm sick of all the manufacturing going to China, so I'd be willing to spend a little more to have the work done by a firm in my own country. Saving a buck isn't everything.[/quote]

I`m Sorry NYDave,

But this comes across as a very funny place to post that warning..!!! I mean..what are people doing here..??? "cloning" other peoples work..!!!
:-D.... :roll: :twisted:

Sorry couldn´t resist that one..;-)

Peter

That may be true to a certain extent BUT it is very amusing to have a PCB come back at your through the front door in the hands of a salesman wanting to sell the completed unit to the company that had the original PCB made.

We were still in development and the rip-off was version 1 .... mistakes and all
:roll:
and it still had the designers name on the PCB.
... I must admit the price was sensational.
We said we would take version 2 when it became available and showed him the new and correctly working version of the unit.

Funny, as we never saw that salesman again ???

You can always try mailing me if you have something you want made. Dont know how low I can go on prototypes though.

Gustav

Thanks Gustav,

What do you need ? gerbers ?
Can you make an estimate for a single sided nothing fancy 100*160mm board ?

Ward

Estek in Sweden has some good prices at prototypes as well:

http://www.estek.se

..but still I really like the quality of the boards I see from Gustav's operation..

Jakob E.

Back