Ratio on the SSL clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

hey.

Is there any easy way to change the ratios on the GssL from the 2-4-10 to say 1.5-2-4 ?

Gustav

[quote author="gyraf"]Not easily, no. The ratio is both controlling gain in the rectifier and the threshold at the same time.

Jakob E.[/quote]

Thanks, just had to check :)

Gustav

I once used as SSL 5000 series console. This had a mix compressor module(model no 520 if I remember correctly) This appeared to sound the same as the usual one on the 4000E I was using at the time. But, it also had more ratios on it. 1.5:1/2:1//4:1/6:1/10:1 if I remember right. I am desperately trying to locate a schemo. Can anyone oblige? Perhaps the answer already exists. . . . .

ANdy P[/i]

What about changing the resisotrs feeding the VCA CV inputs? When I first had my SSL together, I had something like 1:10, infinity, infinity.

..remember that it's the 4000, not the 5000 that is the classic mixbus compressor. that's why we cloned it as it is. but if you think you need other functions, you could just add some more steps to the switch and try recalculating the rectifier gain and threshold addition voltage resistors. I really do not feel a need for more ratios on this one...

Back