Very small resistor values?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk@halmi

Hello,

I was wondering if one of the master netsurfers here can direct me toward a place that sells film resistors with very small values, like under 10 ohms (1,2,3 ohms, etc).

Thank You,
Tamas

I generaly can buy it on the streets. I can get 2.2, 3.3, 4.7 ohms etc... I never buy resistors online anyway! Did you tried a local store?

in SMD or leaded?

digikey and mouser carry just about every value under the sun if you want SMD. For leaded they have less selection but still have more than enough..

sometimes you have to look fairly hard at their website/catalog with mouser being the cheaper of the two for resistors.

Other than RadioShack there are very few walk-in stores on the west coast of the US where you can buy electronic parts. I have to get 98% of my parts online or drive an hour each way for a meager selection of parts at Fry's.
I am glad that other parts of the world still have electronics component retail stores. RadioShack sells about five different values of resistors altogether. LOL.

I looked at Digikey again and could not find any in stock. Then I switched from metal film to carbon film and started finding all sorts of small values even with axial leads. So I guess I will have to go with 5% carbon resistors, not the end of the world.

Thank You all for the replies!

I can get all values from 1R to 10M in metal film - everywhere. They are standard values here...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

what values are you looking for specifically? i ordered a bunch of stuff from digikey and mouser today and everything i wanted was in stock, many small values too..

[quote author="CJ"]What's the application?
Just curious.
cj[/quote]

Micpre with two GainBloaks using PRR's circuit.
http://www.groupdiy.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=4824&start=30&sid=8259bbca8d683d25e1b65c077ba862be#img_5550
Will "flip" the GainBloak circuit so the input transistor may be a low noise PNP device.

Latest posts

Back