Audio Development compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nele

Hi,

Yesterday I went to a studio to test my SSL clone and it performed very well. We compared it to a bunch of tube and none-tube compressors and it sounded great (although I still haven't solved the hum problem :sad:) . It sounded harsher and more 'radical' than the tube-ones but never agressive like a compeller. It came closest to a vintage Audio Development compressor/limiter. Does anyone have any info in this unit? Is it also VCA based or optical or something else...?

thanks,
corneel

Perhaps 'Trident Audio Development' ? If so, there's info around. Just tell if it's indeed a Trident (black, 5 knobs placed like the five points on dice,
1 HE, lit VU-meters).

Peter

No it's not ADR. I've seen a couple of which you speak. I've often wondered about them. Hmm. I'll see if I can find anything.

I might have some doc's for that (somewhere). We have a bunch of little mixers (maybe a comp laying around too) and they're pretty groovy. Very well made and the few I've tried sounded pretty darned good.

Latest posts

Back