Anyone (in the UK?) help me source a replacement DAC?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

I have an old school (OLD school!) British digital reverb here that needs a new DAC... it's a Burr Brown PCM53JG-I.

Most of the searches that I've run point to the usual suppliers who will hunt for them if you need a thousand, and a couple of folks in the UK who I can't re-locate...

Anyhow, if anyone can find a source, I'd be grateful! -There are a couple of variants: PCM53JP and PCM53JG... I think they'll both work, but not anything with a "-V" suffix, it has to be a "-I" suffix. (Voltage out instead of current out. I need to keep this thing intact and original.)

If someone in the Uk can find one, I can have my mum send GB£ to get one. -If by some miracle someone knows of a place in the states, I can pay US$.

The EXACT original part number in this case is PCM53JG-I.

Thanks!

Keith

[quote author="Svart"]http://www.rangeraudio.com/stock20.htm
?[/quote]
I was hopeful but they have a $100 minimum...

Some time ago I had to fis another with the same fault and I directed the owner to the web where there were a few British sites. Nowadays its all those "We hunt, you buy in the millions" sites... I wish I could remember where I saw them listed... :sad:

Keef

I have some weird DACs and other things from old Otari stock. I'll look.

How many pins? What package?

Jeff

100$ minimum? damn, sorry. how much is the IC?

I was sourcing an old DAC/ADC for my lexicon lxp-15 and the chip was something like 45$ because i couldn't find it anywhere else..

I got some o'dem MDACs that Otari used in the MTR-100A... I don;t think they're the same, but they might have used the PCM53 elsewhere...

I was thinking that the chip should be about five of your earth dollars; maybe more if someone is convinced of "vintage rarity" value... but $100 would be excessive for certain!

Keef

boo, how about Dial:

http://www.dialelec.com/627.html

Got it listed - they aint too quick on the email front as I remem, so best to give em a ding I rek...

Peesh

If it's an AMS, try Howard Jones at Kaya Music Systems in Burnley ([email protected]). He seems to have picked up where AMS left off. I've gotten some PCM-53's and 8086s from him. I'll also take a look at the studio when I get back in Friday on the off chance we might have a couple. Also, Lexicon still stocks those(for 480 support) but I don't know if the same version you need.

Zach

I know Howard from his days as the only guy to take that stuff to when he was at AMS/Neve... we were aboiut 45 mins drive away, so I took a few DMX/RMX devices there to be fixed...

That 4star parts has a $300 minimum order... crikey!!!

Mark, yeah, this is the bit that I could never remember when I spoke to you... Mode, yes I remember you mentioning it now!

BTW, this is from a Klark-Teknik DN780...

Keith

you lucky man
http://www.cyclops-electronics.com/search.php
search for
PCM53JG

Quote Part Number Manufacturer Quantity D/C Date
PCM53JG1 BURR BROWN 1 3 June 2005
PCM53JGI BURR BROWN 2 3 June 2005

UK Based

I put in an RFQ to cyclops... never heard anything back...

I'm getting a little anxious about availability... even my email to Carl Brandt at Klark Teknik got bounced back to me!

It's as if the gods are saying "you're screwed with that one, keef!"

Keith

Back