potentiometer rotation anlge from stop to stop

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilwight

as subject really,

got some alps 50k lin pots that im needing to mark up scales on my front panel for.

looked over the diagram pdf but its hardly clear what the angle is from end to end on this.

does anyone know, is it a standard amount?

it looks like it may be 300 degrees but id like to confirm before drawing up and getting the panel made incorrectly.

thanks

What series? Alps makes many different types of pots, and whle I'm pretty sure they all have similar rotation angles, you should check the datasheet for your specific type.

I opened up two different datasheets at random, and the rotation angle was there, clear as day, right on the first page. :thumb:

Peace,
Al.

most of the 'single turn' aka not 5 turn, 10 turn, ect. pots are 295 degrees. but i saw somewhere there was a +-5 or so degree tolerence on the ones i was looking at. thats not probably even noticable visably though.

thanks for the replies guys.

how stupid to i feel now though :oops:

went to alps after your comments and downloaded the pdf sheet, the site id got mine from was a supplier and there was only one page, it showed dims etc but rotation angle wasnt clear on it...alps had five pages in their download and there it was...page 1, 3rd line of typical specs. rotation angle 300 +/- 5

hmmmm.

Realize as well that the stops are not identical to the ends of the resistive portion of the track. That is, you often will hit a metallic contact with the wiper before the actual mechanical stop, which throws off the mapping of the gradations.

Back