Let's play name that pot...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Girard

Hello all,

I went to a surplus store last week and they had a cool type of pot. It's a regular pot with a dented wheel attached to the shaft... So, it feels like there's micro steps when you turn it. Unfortunately, the surplus store didn't had the value I was looking for (50K Linear).

Anyone knows who makes 'em!? Does Digikey carries 'em? Are they any good for the GSSL? Questions, questions, questions! Thanks in advance.

Those are widely available in the Far East. Try some importers in the US (or wherever you are). In Calif. there's Calrad for example.

Note that the quality of these types doesn't usually live up to the step-attenuator "feel", sadly.

could it have been one of those expensive precision pots? ive seen their indicator dials have tick marks, maybe they have small detents on every value?

Marc,

If you post your location in your profile, more people will be able to help you with geographically specific questions like sourcing parts..

Jakob E.

Man, gotta go to B.C. for good pot. Or Humboldt County.

No seriously. I think Alpha makes what you speak of. JLM Audio may know where to find them. :thumb:

Humbolt is OK, Maui is a bit better. Bamboo Thai is the best.
Most of the good stuff is closet cloned hydroponic.
Most of it is 12 step.
People like to clone here too. I wonder.....

I was Class Clone in Jr. High.
Spreaking of high, does anybody remember a TV series called 12 oclock high?

What?

:razz:

[quote author="CJ"]
Most of the good stuff is closet cloned hydroponic.
[/quote]

As an electrician by trade, I've never asked why a person wants a dedicated circuit in their closet. :cool:

Back