New-Old Home! Noisey Power !!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

Hello long time no post!

Well I just bought a new home, well new to me. Plugged in my studio and a crap load of noise is coming out of the monitors.

I think it is the wall supply. Is there an easy fix that I can buy or create myself for this?

Thanks

-ChuckD

since it is an old home does it have 3 prong outlets? are you ground lifting the whole studio?

O.K. I would first disconnect everything in the studio connected to power. amps,console,etc,etc. Then connect console and speakers. See if there is any noise there. IF there is, then check how you wires are lignind up with the AC wires, you could be getting interferance that way I.E. are the audio wires running atop,alongside,etc,etc the AC wires. It's also possible that they are not grounded like a broken connection in the ground scheme. If there is no noise plug in one unit at a time until you get your noise back. When you find the unit causing the problem, A grouplift plug usually will, fix that problem.
that is where I would start. We had a ground problem with one of the studio rooms when I was working at Westlake turned out the connection from the room the to spike in the earth had be severed. Caused all kinds of noise and took us a week to find it. once we fixed it no problems.

Here are some good articals that will help

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

Latest posts

Back