Switches for Calrec EQ (in US)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skrasms

What pushbutton switches are people using for their Calrec EQ in the US? Any mouser/digikey part numbers? When I search, I know they're 2 and 4 pole latching, but I don't know how to tell what will actually solder to the PCB and etc. Any help would be great!

Hmm, well i know they're Alps switches, i'm about to put in an product order from Mouser, but apparently Mouser is having some serious serious problems right now, so i can't get on my account and i'm pretty sure the last order i put in on friday didn't get through. I'll get the part # as soon as i can get on...

The Calrec switches are available from Newark here in the US as a special order (takes about a week). SPUN19035A has a Newark number 46WX3480 price is $1.11 ea. SPUN19036A has a Newark number 46WX3481 price is $1.83 ea. When you search their site make sure you check the box indicating that they include special order items.

Steve

I called Newark, and they say the lead time is 730 days. WTF!

Anybody know of another company in the US? Or can someone place an order to farnell for me.. ;P

Doug

Or could someone recommend a Digkey/Mouser part to mount external switches off the board. I would think a toggle type could work, then just wire correctly to the PCB. That would be easier for me.... anyone know which switch to use?

Yeah,

I hunted through the mouser catalog all last night and didn't find anytying with the same footprint.

As for something to panel mount and run wires, I found some toggle switches and push button switches that would work but they are both $5 /ea.

I am doing 4 channels and that adds up to $60 more than the alps push button switches.

Bummer.

Yeh thats too much for 4 channels, do you remember off hand which panel mount switches they were, I might eat the cost and go that route in the name of finishing this project. The locating and waiting for backordered parts is probably the worst waiting I have had to endure....

Mountain where the cheapest toggles.

Anything 4PDT should work, you'll just have to suss out where to run the wires when you hand wire it.

I saw a bunch of panel mount push button stuff too. Just sift throught he catalog... Those were about $15 a pop though!

Are you sure about that lead time from Newark? I'd ask again because it took about 2 weeks for me to get my order from them. Might be worth asking about that. a couple years does seem like a long wait.

Steve

For my calrec I am using a illuminated latching switch with one set of contacts (EAO series 19) - these go into either a 2PCO relay or a 4PCO relay - which then go to the boards... (BTW - that's 7 relays!! 4 x 2PCO and 3 x 4PCO)

The layouts of the switches are quite easy - once you get your head around them...
Jakob explained it to me in another thread.. it took ages before the penny dropped
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=4629&highlight=alps

Yeah,

I spoke with newark today.

They are supposed to call back with a "real quote".

She said farnell was out of stock, which is where they get them from.

Anybody over seas need to get something from the US? Trade?

I found a part from digi & newark. Mouser has the dpdt but not the 4pdt.

F2UEE & F4UEE

Appears that it will do the trick!

Any just a hair more than the alps.

Doug

Well, please let us know if those fit. I had to get different switches and use wire. but it looks like these at least have the screw hole mount's on them so even if they didn't quite fit you could mount them. Unlike the mini ones that were just useless except for testing because you couldn't mount them.
These, I think are the one's I got
SPUJ193700 @ $1.35 for 4 pole
SPUJ190900 @ $1.13 for 2 pole
They are just way too small.
I managed to find some 4pdt's local for 9$, but they didn't have enough..
In fact, I'm still waiting for 2 more before I can close up my calrec..
But for the next one... Oh man would it have saved time.

Well, please let us know if those fit. I had to get different switches and use wire. but it looks like these at least have the screw hole mount's on them so even if they didn't quite fit you could mount them. Unlike the mini ones that were just useless except for testing because you couldn't mount them.
These, I think are the one's I got
SPUJ193700 @ $1.35 for 4 pole
SPUJ190900 @ $1.13 for 2 pole
They are just way too small.
I managed to find some 4pdt's local for 9$, but they didn't have enough..
In fact, I'm still waiting for 2 more before I can close up my calrec..
But for the next one... Oh man would it have saved time.

The part numbers I listed don't have the screw mounts, but the lead spacing is 4mmx6mm so they should drop right in.

I'll update once they show up.

Doug

Latest posts

Back