This is getting better and better

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

A man whom I cannot name has purchased the groupdiy.com, .net, and .org names on our behalf. He's on our side, folks.

He told me he will point them in the direction of this forum for now.

He has asked me not to reveal his identity for now.

That is all. I was not here. This message will self-destruct in... Well, it won't, but it probably will roll off the front page eventually.

that's excellent. A big thanks to that un-named person! and If they would like donations I would be happy to OFFER. just tell me where to send it.

Selfless acts like this inspire me.

Cheers!

Am I the only one SKEPTICAL here?

Let's pause for a while and think more about this FREE domain name offer some anonymous guy donated.

Registrant:
Administrator -- (GROUPDIY-COM-DOM)
NoWhere Hosting
Box 42065 Southland Crossing PO
Calgary, AB T2J-7A6
CA

Domain Name: GROUPDIY.COM

Administrative Contact:
Calgary, AB T2J-7A6
CA

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Calgary, AB T2J-7A6
CA

I don't know who registered it, and why it's being offered for free to Group DIY, but if he's anonymous, how can we know he won't pull the plug after 6 months when we start using the domain name.... The fact it's registered by someone in Canada, where Chris lives, makes me suspicious.

I say, ownership and management of this domain name (if the registrant really wants to donate it to Group DIY) should be given to a leader/member of Group DIY. He can't remain some anonymous, nameless, individual.

I don't want 6 months or 1 year down the road, this guy will be in a fight with Group DIY, and then cut off the domain name.

Maybe he's well meaning and won't do that, but I've been around the net a very long time and disputes with regards to domain name are always nasty. I say we must own the domain name, otherwise, we shouldn't use it. Heck, it's only $7.95 a year to register a .COM

Do you want your business having a domain name owned and managed by someone your don't know, and where you don't have direct control over the domain name? NO!

Owel

If this was about business, I wouldn't have registered the domains, and further more, I would certainly NOT be redirecting them here.

I registered them partially anonymously (some major folks here knew full well I did it) so as to not cause conflict with RO, as I still have respect for some folks there.

W.

just relax....

theres simply a bit of paranoia right now... I think thats to be expected after everything that went on yesterday

as for me...

im grateful that you did register them as it could have been possible for that baboon to register them and direct them to RO

Thanks

:D

Back