Quad eight am10 original layout reversed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omeiko

Hello!

I made a layout of the AM10 amp in the original configuration.
I substituted the transistors to bc550/560 but it seems to work alright.
The sound is something between the je990 and the melcor 1730. Pretty clean but smooth and sophisticated.
The size of the layout is 23mm x 44mm but I'm not compeletely sure if this is the original size but it should be very close.

Nothing fancier but somebody might be interested.

cheers,

Okko

quad_layout_components.JPG

quad_layout_solder.jpg

quad8am10op.jpeg

Awesome!
I just printed out the art work and was suprised to reason that this might be a single sided board?

What's on the input and output? Iron?

Maybe somebody could round up some links, wait, let me check the Metas.

Have you actualy made one yet or should this be considered Rev 1?

Holy Cow, I can get 12 of those postage stamps on one piece of MG Cat # 606.

You don't by any chance have those files in pdf form? I want to paste 12 boards on a single page.

Thanks!

Yeah, I made one (it's the one in the middle).

PICT0335.JPG

I used it for a while in a mic pre and in a line output app and it worked well but I used je990 in the end. They all sound good to me but 990 won this time.
It goes little deeper in the details although am10 was a litte 'nicer' (colored?). Both were tx-coupled (ll1538 and profile/api trafo).

It would be nice to build something with these one day but all my money goes to microwave pizza and beer. Damned..:sad:

Sorry. I havent made pdf's of these.

I can send you one if you promise not to cut it in half.

Its a BIG reichenbach.

PM me your mailing address.

dave

Hey,

I fancy some of this QE stuff - any tips on available iron that can subbed for the original one? Or are u winding on request CJ? :grin:

Gracias

I know that some of the old QuadEight iron, used with the AM4 opamp had a primary of 30Z, and a secondary of 600Z. That´s lots of stepup for this transistor output stage... Something like 12dB.

The later ones, used with the AM10 type was 150Z : 600. More common, 6dB stepup.

Hey guys,

I've nearly finished some DOA type layouts for the AM10 and CA127 (same pinout config as 990 etc) - am i right in thinking then these could be used in ie fabios' 312 pre brd with the input iron changed to the say the cinemag CMQEE-3440APC and gain atten resistors altered to suit...pretty much same config right? I guess the DI input bit might need fudgin n all...?

Cheers :thumb:

Latest posts

Back