Do you use your GSSL on the 2Buss ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dufo

I am curious as to who uses their GSSL on individual tracks or buses, and who uses it on the stereo buss...

At the moment, mixing some loud rock type stuff, I am liking it reducing about 2db, attack 1, auto release or 1.2, ratio 2:1

Normally I wouldnt have thought using it on the stereo mix would have been a great idea, though I have no real reason for thinking this as I use RenComp usaually on the 2buss....and of course.....the GSSL is a BUSS compresoor so...

What do you do/think?

the SSL-comp is a masterbuscompressor, what happens to sound VERY PHAT on drumbus and lots of other (bussed or not) instruments.
For rockmixes it is a must have!

Tony

if you use it on your mix buss, your whole mix is gonna sound like an SSL console, this is either good or bad depending upon what you are trying to do. I never use mine on any mission critical buss but do use it alot for other things.

dave

[quote author="soundguy"]if you use it on your mix buss, your whole mix is gonna sound like an SSL console, this is either good or bad depending upon what you are trying to do. I never use mine on any mission critical buss but do use it alot for other things.

dave[/quote]

Yeah Dave, thats what Im trying to decide if I like or not right now, I think I do, though rencomp is not without its charm :grin:

I do not. I use the gssl compressor on various stereo tracks and on the busses as needed but not on the main output. I don't insert anything there, but I run the outputs through a Vari-mu before they get to the mixdown deck which really really sounds good.. much better than the GSSL on main output.. it's just too thumpy for all-over compression.

For 2-buss, it's really useful for the GSSL to have a HPF in the sidechain. I have used the GSSL on the 2-buss, but usually I don't. It usually sits on my drum (sometimes with kick sometimes without).

Latest posts

Back