D*B*X classA VCA schemo req

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaArry,

Long time . . . Are you looking to repair or build one? Even if there was a schemo, i am not sure how much use it would be in building one, since they were specially heat-treated to eliminate various problems, as I am given to understand. I am trying to locate some more 2001's for myself. i had 2 pairs, one of which resides in me 1st G-SSL. the other pair got chucked out by mistake! - new cleaners, not their fault!. I would love to find some more. much better than 2151's, 2181's and the 202xt's in our SSL quad comp. I am hoping to get a pair of 202c's to try soon. I am trying to find out who used them originally. Do you know? My guess is that they went into Automation systems, since i haven't ever seen them in any compressors so far. I cannot imagine which automation, tho'. The only likely suspects in my book would be SSL,MCI and Harrison. I konw 'em all ,but have never seen silver cans in them. Only black n' gold . . . .Ho Hum.

Alll the best,

ANdy P

I dug one out of my archives.

It's a little rough around the edges, but certainly usable:

dbx_rev1.jpg

Hey Andy,

Time indeed. RE: 2001 - if poss, build one ye. Nightmare bout the cleaner's ...you sure they aint diy'in on the side? ;). I've got a cpl of those gold can 202c's you mentioned that came from an old mci desk i believe (used for automation as ya say) but havn't tried them on the gssl yet...

Now then CJ what delights do we have here?!! Whats the name of that schemo app for starters!! :shock:

:thumb:

CJ,
....that schemo makes a guy feel right at home. :thumb:

I'm wondering if you are interested in measuring and hacking the transformer that came out of my cmv563 tube mic? There seems to be a few people wondering if they are a good or a poor build.

Lance

I finally found a cleaner copy of the D*B*X 2K1. That last schematic was done on a bootleg version of Corell Draw that I got off of evilbay. I really got snookered on that deal.

I finally shelled out the bones for some decent software. This was done with the latest version of Autocad.

cj

dbx_1a.jpg

Back