API 525 compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

do you guys know if these are feedback or feedforward?

No, I dont want to build one, Im going to (gasp) buy one.

Any comments from folks familiar with using these? Im hoping they have a little more color than the api 2500 buss limiter.

dave

[quote author="soundguy"]do you guys know if these are feedback or feedforward?

No, I dont want to build one, Im going to (gasp) buy one.

Any comments from folks familiar with using these? Im hoping they have a little more color than the api 2500 buss limiter.

dave[/quote]
I think they are both. The old/new toggle...

thats the new one that they came out with that has the toggle...the original 525 was feedback only if I'm not mistaken...

have always liked them

i use 525s alot. i find it usefull on just about anything. it's a hot and exciting compressor. you can really crush stuff and still have it return 'intact'. and yes it does have a nice color to it. lately i've been using it on kick drum clean electric guitar horns and voccals. i've also come across some interesting processing on drum kit room mics using the DSer in limiter mode. you can really freak things out. overall i think it's quite versitile and has a really classic sound. i can't make any comparasons to the 2500. i've never used it.

Back