PCB fabricators in Los Angeles?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Does anybody in Los Angeles know a good,cheap(relatively) PCB fabricator in Los Angeles?
I know of PCBexpress but they are not in LA. I am sure LA has got to have at least one.

You can also try www.valleycircuits.com . Reasonable prices, though maybe not the cheapest.

If you really want cheap, you may not find it it L.A.

No matter who you find, after you get your quote, offer to pay cash and be flexible on delivery and you might be able to get a better deal.

looks I will have to look into them as well. The Idea is it's near or in the San Fernando/Los Angeles area, can make PCB's from my gerbers that I got so I can build some of the DIY gear and other things, do small runs of like 1-10 @ the most and lastly be relatively cheap. PCBexpress will do 3 boards for about $50.00 or so. Which IMO is expensive as well as they would be shipping them to me which I would prefer to pick them up.
so I got a couple of places to look into. thanks guys. :thumb:
:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Try Casco Circuits in Chatsworth. Talk to Ravji and tell him Jon Erickson sent you. I am currently overseeing some commercial manufacturing runs and use Casco. Ask for a proto service without silkscreen.

If you want, get an online quote from Advanced Circuits and then ask Ravji to give you a better price based on this quote.

They will also do simple gerber edits gratis which is nice in the case you want boards panelized, need cutouts, etc.

Jon

Rajiv is a great guy but I have to say I have had many rushed jobs with defects (random copper shorts indicative of poorly cleaned screens etc.). I have to speak out about this, since it cost H*rman a great deal of money---I bill by the hour. It is also very frustrating when you aren't sure if the problem is with your circuit or with the board and components etc.

These were not high-tolerance boards either with teeny traces, but just very middle-of-the-road double-sided things.

I presume that they can do good work, and they are responsive and cheap, but there have been too many problems for me to recommend them.

Hey Pucho...
If you want I can quote with my local guy.. If you don't mind sharing you gerber file...
take care
Gil

Back