Schematic for Summit Audio Dual Program Equalizer? Please?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlympicPhil

Hi,

I have a Summit EQP-200B Dual Program Equalizer in my workshop with a nasty hum. It seems to be coming from the power supply stage, and I've cut down the possibilities to either the transformer or the two strange devices with 5 legs that look like big caps, one of which has a rubber jacket, the other one is labelled "Mallory FP217". (edit: ARE 5-pin caps... found links)

A schematic would be helpful, HUGELY.

Essentially, there's a sawtooth-wave / triangle wave that goes all the way from the power supplies to the valves, after which the audio signal is piggy-backed on the saw-wave, creating the buzzing noise.

If anyone either has seen this problem before, or has a schematic for this unit that they could email me, I would be very, very grateful.

Thanks for your time,

Phil

Mallory FPxxx is a cap...
Interesting quote from the web
Mallory don't give a leakage formula for the FP series. The FP's were
originally designed for non-critical radio/TV service . Ripple current
rating for these things would only be perhaps 100 - 200 ma.

I think your best bet is to ring up Summit. There were pretty willing to help when I asked for a schemo for my dcl 200

Regards

ju

nice group dynamics developing every time it comes up to these topic.
And i love to take part in this.
Anyone who got this, please have a heart and click the email button down this post :grin:

thanks again

Martin

yes butta, you're right. NDA's have to be respected. I signed alot of them in the past working for M$ and I*B*M...oh no i didn't sign them myself, i forgot, it was my freelancing partner...i just used them and they are still not available in the net for nobody... :cool:

Just a story.
You are right to respect what you signed.
I mean it.
Would have been cool to look at it anyway...maybe some day we can have a deep look into the inner life of this unit ( can photos of a bought unit be taken under nda? i doubt....).
Not that it would'nt be worth to buy...i'm afraid it's just a little far out of my budget now.

friendly greets
and cheers

Martin

we are all such smart dudes here I dont get the frenzy, we could all put our heads together and probably build something way better as we arent governed by the manufacturing budgets that a larger (or smaller) manufacturer more than likely is. Its doubtful that summit is doing something worth protecting in the first place. Having no first hand experience with the product, I dont doubt that its a fine EQ but also dont doubt we could probably do better here on our own.

I wish people got more excited to put something together as a group rather than as a group put someone elses thing together.

my 2 cents.

dave

:grin: :razz: :cool: :wink: :green: :thumb:

(i don't think i would have been building this thing really in nearest future, but i was very interested HOW the circuit works after looking into various eq schems. that's probably the fastest way to learn what can be done and how it was already realized. that's my first interest btw when looking at JH's extended S*P*L/Dr*wmer circuit or the interesting nev*e style of circuitry ... i just try to learn from already good, more or less "simple" and functionable designs that prooved useful already...)

You mean an eq project maybe similar to what happend to the original forssell sidechain after beeing "pimped" by GroupDIY, aren't you, dave :?: :grin: :grin: :grin:

greets

Martin

[quote author="smallbutfine"]
You mean an eq project maybe similar to what happend to the original forssell sidechain after beeing "pimped" by GroupDIY, aren't you, dave[/quote]

totally.

lets see what happens with the calrec discussion, that could turn out really nice.

dave

the program eq is just another pultec , i have a schematic of the filter
network without values , but not the electronics or psu .

regards Greg

Latest posts

Back