Can anyone open my J-K flip-flop -thread?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever image mark posted is not opening. The image resizing has a problem with that and it hangs when pictures don't load. I have temporarily disabled the resizing feature, so you should be able to open the thread now.

> edit the image to show as an URL..

Done.

Mark's avatar is also stalled. Maybe the host is sick.

Whoops!

:?

sorry Jaakko- yep, it looks like my host is down! I've disabled my avatar for now, to make things easier + stop pages hanging. I'll e-mail you the schem if you want Jaakko...

I'll see if I can get things back up!

wanapoo fails again :evil:

Mark

Cool,

You can always guarantee that you'll find the function you need among the "gate level" CMOS/TTL series. Sometimes it's worth finding the list of 74xx and 4xxx series IC's and keeping it nearby during design work- things like AND/OR select gates and multiplexers can be amazingly handy in audio-based digital control work!

One of the best practical CMOS overviews which I use daily is this book:

CMOS Circuits Manual by R M Marston

...it basically compiles all the 4000 series functions in one book- I know it's all in the datasheets, but this saves a ton of time!

Let us know how it goes with your input selector, I reckon you could do the extra inputs from the same 4028 (datasheet) by using some clever diode switching to activate more inputs.

:thumb:

Mark

Relay controlled patchbay...now that's a wiring job....

:shock:

..mind you, I've seen your passive EQ pics, so I know you're the man for the job!

:green:

Mark

Speaking of controllable patchbays...are any you guys familiar with this chip from AD: http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,AD75019,00.html

There was thread on the ucapps/midibox forum a while back with this idea in mind - looks pretty straightforward to setup with MIOS (just coding would be the tricky bit unless u know the coo with that)...

Anyway, just after some feedbak on using these chips and consequent effect on audio signal...

Cheers

Jaakko,

An even better CMOS IC for a 16-channel app is the CD4514- (much beloved by us analog sequencer DIY-ers!) It's a 4-to-16 channel decoder. Like the 4028, it takes a 4-bit binary "nibble" and converts it to a decimal (0-15) output.

datasheet

You could have the outputs feeding 16 T-type ("toggle") flip-flops, and address each relay sequentially with a fast-ish clock. The first pulse would "set" the relay, the second would "reset" the relay. The Commodore 64 (come on- a PIC is a bit smaller and self-bootable, there's no place for cassette data storage in the 21st Century :wink: ) could supply the on/off binary numbers under some form of control.

Mark

Latest posts

Back