K+H UE100 Full Schematic! (only for Jaakko, no-one else)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Zebra50 has kindly put up some hi-res scans of the K+H UE100 manual / schematic.

http://www.omnipressor.com/Other/KH_UE100/

They are large (8mb), and consequently will need a permanent home as Stewart can only host them for a week or two.

Jakob, would you care to host them on the Gyraf obscure schems section maybe? Stewart can host them for longer if they were put into a pdf if anyone wants to compile them into a pdf.

I had a hard time getting these schems, and deliberately wanted to share them as a way of putting two fingers up at those schematic traders :razz:

Justin

This is great stuff!

Let me clarify about the size and hosting - The files are currentl 300dpi gifs. A PDF would be smaller. I would happily host a PDF of this but don't have the software to make one. If someone could do the conversion for us, that would be great.

Stewart

:thumb: :green:

Justin,

I'm sorry, but I am too close to my server limit already - I'm working on getting some more space, but for now, it's not possible..

Jakob E.

EDIT: I converted the .gif's to monochrome and .pdf'fed them. They fit into a 768Kb .PDF-file, available at the gyraf/resource page.

http://www.gyraf.dk/schematics/schematics.html

Now I was at it, i also added two NTP schematics/manuals, on the 179-140 (also covering some of 179-130, 179-120) and the 179-300 Limiter card.

Jakob E.

You lot are terrible, the schematics were for Jaakko's attention exclusively :wink:

Thanks for the pdf conversion, whoever wants to host them is welcome, I guess they would go well alongside Kubi's collection.

DaArry, I think you and Jakob were posting at the same time!

She is a beauty ain't she? One for the adventurous diy-er methinks.

Justin

Yep, I have three of these little boxes standing here for check-up. Those switch assembleys are built like tanks! And everything is modular, and mounted for (relatively) easy access.

Jakob E.

A friend has a UE100 pair, and I reckon those switches came from tanks, literally!

If you scan Google there are a couple of recommended mods for the UE100. The most obvious is to replace the cable connected to the rca-type connectors (and the connectors themselves), that is the only build issue I've seen. Apart from that they come from the Silver Arrow-school of construction :thumb:

Some UE100 internal shots would be lovely, my pal's units are several hundred miles away so I would have a job getting pics for a good while.

J

Faaaantastic! I have one of these that needs some TLC, but I havent done anything as I was waiting for a schem from another source which never materialised.

I'll take some shots tomorrow of the internals.

Thanks a pile.... :grin:

Peter

In the 1980s, I had a problem with my Teac 3340 (still under my table here!). I took it to Harman UK who were then agents for Teac stuff. I had previously spoken to a very helpful engineer at Teac in the USA who, after I explained the problem, told me which diode needed to be replaced. I told this to Harman UK, but they refused to take my machine - as I did not go through a dealer! I then asked to use their fax machine so I could fax Teac in both Japan and the USA to let them know what Harman were up to. Of course they took my machine and repaired it for next to nothing. The board on which the diode needed replacing was quite difficult to remove, otherwise I would have done it myself. So Jakob - I see your point!
Stephen

Here are the general pics of the UE 100.

UE-100Front.jpg

UE-100-Top.jpg

UE-100-Top.jpg

UE-100-Back.jpg

Looking forward to getting this unit up to speed again. Cant see any I/O transformers though....

Peter

[Edit] Thanks Elco

The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

Please sign in and try again or check with the owner of the file.

Peter, try http://www.photobucket.com/ It's free and allows hot linking, so you can display the photos directly in the forum. It's a great service. Head and shoulders better than YahooTM.

Cheers,

elco

Wooohoooo!

Thanks for the schems Justin! I've been wanting a peek at them for years...and now I get the schem and internal pics all in one go!

Too much...must lie down...audio gear overload...

:green: :guinness:

Mark

[quote author="Mark Burnley"]Wooohoooo!

I've been wanting a peek at them for years...and now I get the schem and internal pics all in one go!
[/quote]

Me too.
This is great!

Hey, Peter. Just for fun, put that thing on a scale and weigh it for us (this'll be good).

I think I see a bit of the output transformer above the in/out connector (back, bottom right).

The input and output transformers are not very large in this one, and well hidden in the shielded area behind the in/out connector.

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back