Circuit Maker 2000: Pot simulation??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlaury

Does anyone know how to simulate the rotation of a pot in CM2000??
I've done this before, but for some reason I can't seem to get it to work.
When I select the pot (R1)[position] it ask for starting values. Is this value degrees, ohms, precent or what? The simulation runs I just can't see the pot varying.

Any Ideas??

In my version it asks for a percentage of rotation. It's something of a nuisance in fact, because for just schematic drafting as opposed to sim I have to hide the pot value and percentage and then paste in an annotation with the value in the vicinity.

I think I have verified that the percentage does have the expected effect but I will verify that---I don't use the function very often, preferring to insert fixed resistors in simulation.

EDIT: Yes, it does work. The default is 10k and comes up as 40%, and the pot is laid down horizontally with ccw on the left and cw on the right. The wiper is centered, i.e. does not reflect the adjustment position.

So this means that the resistance from the wiper to ccw end is 4k, and 6k from wiper to the cw end.

When I feed a signal in to the cw end and ground the ccw end I get the predicted 40% of signal at the wiper. Note that to keep sim happy you have to load the wiper with something for CM to measure a voltage there. Any finite resistance will do, with something smaller loading the wiper of course. I didn't check to see what is does with the default "ideal" op amp as a buffer.

Back