helios 69 inductor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mik

GDIY Supporter
ok, my inductometer recognize this:
here L1 value tap 1) common; 2) 19.7 mH; 3) 37mH ; 4) 345mH.

L2 can't mesure it danno why, probabli less the 2mH , my instrument can't recognise this value, but i see some laquerel on it I try to scrap some away but nathig to do whit it.
My indictometer 's got an 5% tollerance @ 250 Hz freq test, so it would possible 20mH, 40mh, 400mH
both L1, L2 are hand wound, very easy to do, all polipropilene caps are axial vishay tipe.

switch are elma

mik.

:?
I will post pics soon.
Mik.

Mik,

I have got 3 turquoise channels from MCA Hollywood desk similar to 69 passive. Only difference I know of is input transformer. (mine are Beyer-earlier modules were Lustraphone.) I have never measured the inductances. If I can borrow an inductance meter, I will let you know. I hope that you are using your module(s) daily. I am. They are probably my favorite possessions in the whole wide world. I also have some simpler passive modules from the fx rtn section of the 10cc desk.(I believe?) they are fixed hf(@5kHz?), boost only at 1k4/2k8, and cut/boost at @200 Hz. They rock as mic amps, but I was considering adapting the eq to give me more possibilities. espescioally the possibility of lowering the turnover of the LF. Any further observations vv Helios passive eq's will be very greatly appreciated indeed!

All the best,

ANdy P

@strangeandbouncy,
those moduls are not mine, the owner is the italian distributor, that I'm working for, but I do appreciated those amp very mutch, compared it to other similar topology like ELA V624, then the Helios sound little bit "hard", V624 is softer then 69, I really don't know why, both doesn't have output transformer, but V624 's got tantalium caps in the path instead normal litics, maby it does metter.

as promised

clik to enlarg
heliosinside11uk.jpg

best Mik

here's pix
save it by side because I will erese it next week.
switc are shortigh, do not know the part number but farnel and RS 's got it
dscf00059lc.jpg

dscf00106fa.jpg

dscf00111hi.jpg

dscf00125wg.jpg

dscf00040fd.jpg

Mik.

does anyone know what the deal is with those blue Elma electro caps that look exactly like Xicons? Do they have anything in common besides the color scheme?

dave

Back