Studiologic Keyboard Problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-money

Maybe someone can point me in a direction.
I've had a Fatar/Studiologic SL-880 keyboard midi controller for the last 5 years. The thing is great, never had any problems until today. After a thunderstorm, power loss at my home, the thing has gone goofy.
Symptoms: Green LEDs now blink rapidly. The keys now trigger a note when pushed, and a note when released, and the velocity of every note is 1 (very low volume).
I'm going to call Fatar on Monday (no email address on website) and see if I can ship them the "mother board", but it's 5 years old.

Any suggestions?

i bet there's a way to restore factory default settings. i'd try that before ripping it apart. or maybe check for a dead internal battery (perhaps used for saving presets). also, try tunning it off batteries if yours has a provision for doing so. if not, try a new wall-wart.

Mine has the same issues. HOLD down all there buttons ( UP DOwn Enter )
Shut off the power then power is back up while holding the 3 buttons wait 5 seconds after power up and release buttons.

Now its reset to factory default.

cannikin, you totally rock!!!

You are my new hero, this is the greatest message board int he world!!!!

Out of curiosity, how did you know that?

No Problem, I have the same keyboard, and out of nowhere it will stop working correctly. I used to struggle with it.. turning off and on several times.. then i went to the fatar website and downloaded the manual.

I think there something not right about the design... This shouldn't happen as often as it does..

Glad it worked for you.. don't forget how to do it, you'll end up doing it again in a few months.. :mad:

hey, Do all your keys work? Some of my Keys are intermittent which is a real drag.

Anyway, One less thing for you to worry about.. now get back to making some music! :thumb: :green:

I think there something not right about the design... This shouldn't happen as often as it does..
Funny, I've had mine for 5 years, and this is the first time. Probably happen all the time now, but at least I know.

hey, Do all your keys work? Some of my Keys are intermittent which is a real drag.
I have one bad key on mine, spilled some coffee on the keys a couple years back, and one of the F keys hasn't worked since. I think I'll try to fix it since I already have it open now. I found 3 guitar picks inside that fell through the keys at different times.

thanks again.

if it uses rubber key contacts - you can easily restore them with, you guessed it, rubber key contact rejuvinating goo.

Something along the lines of this: http://www.newark.com/product-details/text/catalog/29687.html

losing a key contact after 5 years of regular usage is quite common.

It was a little bit of coffee/sugar that had solidified on the ciruit board. I tried Q tips dipped in isopropyl alcohol and it didn't even put a dent in it. I then tried Q tips dipped in lacquer thinner, no good either.
Finally, Q tips dipped in Resolve carpet cleaner.

That did the trick. All 88 keys are good now.

Thanks again everybody.

Latest posts

Back