Can someone host some pics?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith,

Free picture hosting with hot-linking here: http://www.photobucket.com/

Cheers,

elco

I have some questions about the use of photobucket. Do they own your picture, who has the copyright, are they now a part owner of the picture?

I am thinking say you post a schematic.

The terms don't have any of this listed.

Keith,

I'll host them.

Email them to jrmintz(at)optonline(dot)net

:thumb:

[quote author="Gus"]I have some questions about the use of photobucket. Do they own your picture, who has the copyright, are they now a part owner of the picture?

I am thinking say you post a schematic.

The terms don't have any of this listed.[/quote]

Good question. You might want to ask on their forum http://forums.photobucket.com/

FWIW, with over 1,000,000 users, I really don't think they have the resources to care about what anybody uploads.

Cheers,

elco

http://photobucket.com/tos.php

I can't see any catch - other than in the future they will for sure try charging their users, when they feel they have enough "hooked" users..

And at that time, there will be lots of similar services...

Jakob E.

:mad:

grrr

... unless you have stable long term hosting for your pictures the links and pasted images here will eventually be broken.
It was already starting to happen at TT.
I was doing a lot of editing and relocating pictures to the RO server in the Group DIY pages and at the same time resizing so they didn't stuff up the forum width.
So hidden in the Group DIY page was the original large picture and then the small forum picture.
Oh, so much more was going on than most of you realised.
I was working towards a very large Group DIY CD rom.

It is better to use relocatable web pages for the complex stuff you have to present and then only LINK to the page from the forum. Small pasted images are cool in the forum to get the point across quickly and easily but the endless large scale picture does cause grief eventually. Can cause some browsers to crash.

Ask PP for some space at there server to host some decent web pages.
I think the meta threads should eventually be a web page each.

:oops:

shut up Kev
this is not your place
:shock:

run away ... run away ......
Kev has left the thread ... :cool:

Kev,

You raise some good points here and I think we can all appreciate them and the work that was going on at R-O. Thinking long-term is a good thing I think and sometimes I know its hard for me to hold my tongue when I see the "car crash" that's coming long before others do. Sometimes it helps to soften the delivery that info, if you knowwhattimean.

HTH!
Charlie

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"].... I know its hard for me to hold my tongue when I see the "car crash" that's coming long before others do. Sometimes it helps to soften the delivery that info, if you knowwhattimean.[/quote]

yes I do
... and yes I do know I may be eating into some of the good will that I may have with many of the people here. I speak for myself and to some extent for a few others that are of the softly, softly type that have remained quiet about many things.

I know my good will is not endless but I do take my right , on occasion, to take a bite when the mood takes me.
... and NO this is not the usual kindly Kev you have got to know over many years in the forums.
:shock: now that was all pretty presumptuous of me. :cool:

I often say,
it's all good
and when I do ... I do mean it !

it is all so very good

and with all the very smart people around here there is always the scope to be that little bit better.

.... I promise I'll start taking my medication again ... soon :twisted:

Kev,

Methinks you worry too much! My thought is that your intention is to preserve the copious amounts of phenomenal info (that can't be found anywhere else in many cases, and nowhere else on the 'net...fer shure!) that is being spread around here for the long term...How can anyone fault you for that? Even so, my thought is always this: you might not like me in the short term while you're "hopping around and shouting", but in a year or two when that information is gone...you won't be angry at Kev. Or if the info is there, you'll be thanking "crusty, cranky old Kev" then! Besides, I think that I have been able to guess at your "behind the scenes" frustration level with all that has transpired with G'DIY as of late...and I can imagine that there was/is a little bit of feeling "out of control" of what was pretty much your "baby". As I mentioned in the first thread I started here after only ever lurking "over there" for 6 months, that I missed "getting my warm welcome from Kev that I was so looking forward to." Check the thread on "SM Pro PR8"!

So let me start the shouts of "Here, here for Kev!" Thanks for being a good watchkeeper over the learned lectures of PRR, the dutiful dissections of CJ, the sublime schematics of W'oB and DK, the wonderful wisdoms of gm...etc, etc

My favorite phrase at work is this: "Hey, I don't make the news...I just report it!" :green:

It's all pretty darn good around here alright! and we Love Our DIY!

Peace!
Charlie

I have some space too if you need it - I bought a domain name and some server space recently specifically for holding schematics and such, currently I have all my ADR diagrams on my .Mac site, but Apple charges so much that I will soon shift them to my own site. I think it is worth the few bucks a month and as it come straight out of my credit card I don't really notice it, so it will stay around permanently.

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"]It's all pretty darn good around here alright! and we Love Our DIY![/quote]
:green:
yes we do love our DIY

and yes
... a very warm welcome to Charlie , late as it might be.

Steve, thanks for the web space offer.

Back